Patient Relation Officer
Jan 2014 - Present
Dr Sulaiman Al-Habib (HMG)
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
- Refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Collect and report data on topics such as patient encounters and inter-institutional problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate.
- Provide consultation or training to volunteers or staff on topics such as guest relations, patients' rights, and medical issues.
- Identify and share research, recommendations, or other information regarding legal liabilities, risk management, or quality of care.
- Analyze patients' abilities to pay to determine charges on a sliding scale.