US Army and Air Force Exchange Services Proficiency Award Certificate, 1992Outstanding Student Recognition by Director of Political Science Department, State University of NewYork at Buffalo, 1991Golden Key National Honor Society, 1990Presidential Academic Fitness Award, 1987
Certified Nursing Assistant, Florida, 2012License, Real Estate Broker, Florida, 2006 - presentCertificate Training, Commercial Investment Member Designation, CCIM Institute, 2006-2009Certificate, Contract Appraiser, Global Resource Network’s Training, Florida, 2000Certificate Training, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, New Horizons, Sarasota, Florida, 2002Certificate Training, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, New Horizons, Sarasota, Florida, 2002Certificate Training, Novell Netware Network Engineer, Astron Networks Training, New York, 1997Certificate, Substitute Teacher, Substitute Teaching Institute, Utah State University, 2000Certificate, Authorized User Radiation Safety, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1999
Visionary, strategic-minded Professional Health Counselor, Dietitian, and Nutritionist. Able to transcend perceived barriers to affect disease and lifestyle change. Possessing a broad, multidisciplinary background in health, management, scientific research, training and entrepreneurship. Driven to excel, committed to navigating interplay of human, technology, management and organizational needs while blazing a trail in setting and achieving targeted goals. Highly skilled in creating innovative solutions, individually and in team collaboration. Adhere to rigorous, ongoing professional and personal development, maintaining and building knowledge of key influences affecting personal, social, organizational, and political change. Strong passion for education, committed to helping revolutionize methodologies and transcend perceived barriers. Superior communication skills, allowing for easy interaction with other health professionals, agencies, counselors and representatives. Fluent in Polish, conversant in German.
Member, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2012Volunteer, Certified Nursing Assistant Health Services, 2012Volunteer, Parent Teacher Organization, 2010Volunteer, Parent Teacher Association, 2010Volunteer, Sarasota Public Facilities Advisory Board, 2006Volunteer, Sarasota County Openly Plans for Excellence, 2005President, Ringling Park Neighborhood Association, 2002
I have always considered myself to be a scientist. I enjoy reading and learning about science and I love helping people live healthy lives. I am an advisor and a motivator to both family and friends inspiring them to pursue healthy lifestyle and wellbeing for many decades now. Most recently, I am enjoying creative writing and I am hoping to write a memoirs and a non-fiction book. Photography comes naturally to me and I love taking pictures of nature. Since my husband and I have a very international family, it allows us to travel often outside the country and help our children discover the world for themselves. As a family, we also enjoy camping, nature, paleontology, biking and long weekend trips.
Dietetic & Nutrition CounselingHealth & Wellness Coaching
- Establish an Integrative Health and Nutrition Center
- Provide Family Health & Wellness Coaching
- Become Nutrition Counseling, Assessment & Diagnosis Expert
- Provide Disease and Lifestyle Change Management Expertise
- Develop Corporate, Private and Group Coaching Services
- Build an Online Dietetic and Nutrition Service Portal
- Attend and Offer Educational and Training Events
- Become a Public Speaking and Publishing Guru
2012 - Present
Principal/Chief Business Development Officer
FAMILY INTEGRATIVE HEALTH AND NUTRITION CENTER
Comprehensive Integrative health and nutrition counseling clinic
- Launch and develop a comprehensive integrative health family counseling center focused on dietetic and nutritional approach to health and disease management.
- Design and implement variety of essential patient services critical to preventative health.
- Launch a corporate, group, and private health coaching and nutrition counseling service.
- Develop an Online Dietetic Counseling, Health and Nutrition Service Center.
- Research products and services available in other countries adoptable in the United States.
2012 - Present
Certified Nursing Assistant
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT SERVICE
Private C.N.A. services.
- Ensure compliance with patient care plan and infection control.
- Record and report changes in clients’ physical and psychological condition.
- Assist clients with personal activities and independent living.
- Ensure medication is taken as prescribed.
- Monitor blood pressure and respiration.
- National Safety Council First Aid Training, valid until March 2015.
- National Safety Council Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training, valid until March 2014.
2006 - 2012
Principal/Chief Operating Officer
Wholesale and online retail business specializing in fossil products and gifts
- Developed and managed all aspects of wholesale business, including 4,000-square foot warehouse and showroom; handled overseas import transactions, worked with suppliers to secure products.
- Designed and implemented an online retail sales site.
- Expanded company footprint to new demographic doubling online retails sales.
- Researched market and product offerings; analyzed results to develop expansion plans for new services.
- Managed financial operations, including budget, taxes, accounting and compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Recruited, hired and trained new employees and temporary contract workers.
2005 - 2012
Principal/Chief Operating Officer
EVEREST SERVICES PROPERTY MANAGEMENT/LOVE REAL ESTATE
Property management and real estate brokerage firm serving private real estate investments
- Managed residential and commercial real estate.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts to secure real estate transactions, including mortgage and rental agreements; advise clients on terms and conditions.
- Researched potential renovation plans; develop renovation budgets and manage projects for both commercial and residential properties.
- Resolved issues for tenants, including timely scheduling of maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ensured compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies, including provisions for business operations and all tenant-landlord laws.
- Represented company in court proceedings for evictions; handled eviction court filings.
2001 - 2006
Director of Information Systems and Multiple Listings Service
Regional realtor association
- Led implementation of process improvement initiative, including upgrading entire technology infrastructure, to accomplish unprecedented overhaul of information-access system.
- Developed technology solutions that created greater efficiencies for 4,800 businesses utilizing system, resolving a key industry operations issue and resulting in expansion of services and data availability.
- Fostered collaboration by building a consensus among diverse group to ensure project would succeed; secured commitment to change policy and transform system from proprietary to public access.
- Supervised and trained 2 managers (Multiple Listings Service and Information Systems Support) and association staff to ensure high-quality customer service support.
- Coordinated and directed committee activities to attain strategic goals within projected timelines.
- Managed technology and multiple listings service budget.
1998 - 2000
PRO ED WORKFORCE
Elementary School Substitute Teacher
- Taught three grade levels, 1st through 3rd grade.
- Delivered assigned curriculum to students.
- Managed classroom learning activities.
- Tracked and recorded learning progress, attendance, and completion of tasks.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT STONY BROOK
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Instructed undergraduate students in biochemistry laboratory.
- Taught curriculum including enzyme kinetics, recombinant DNA technology, genome fingerprinting and laboratory protocols.
- Aided students with biochemistry concepts, provided proven methods to help comprehension, and demonstrated how to write accurate laboratory reports.
- Tutored students individually.
- Assessed student progress and evaluated performance throughout course.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT STONY BROOK Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
- Served as assistant teacher of undergraduate students in Principal Biology.
- Taught Principal Biology review course.
- Advised students on most effective study protocols to understand course material and prepare for exams.
- Coached and tutored students in Principal Biology laboratory.
- Helped students develop investigative lab work, perform and complete research.
1998 - 1999
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT STONY BROOKDepartment of Molecular Genetics and MicrobiologyGraduate Researcher
Electrophoresis analysis of expression, design and function of two human mesoderm genes: mesd1 and mesd2; design of an expression vector using human mesoderm (mesd1) gene.
Using fluorescence investigated lipid-protein and protein-protein interactions in both thin and thick model membranes to understand the mechanism by which diphtheria toxin penetrates cell membranes.
1995 - 1997
Assistant to Vice-President for Information Technology
NEW SCHOOL UNIVERSITY
- Collaborated on strategic technology planning; administered budget and co-managed department.
- Assisted with preparing project budget; coordinated technology project to ensure timely completion.
- Assisted in designing and implementing state-of-the-art interdisciplinary media center.
- Developed collaborative relationships with private technology partnerships to secure project funding.
- Led technology committees and provided solutions to executive management.
- Designed and conducted needs assessment for new technology and implemented technology policies.
- Oversaw redesign and reorganization of university website resulting in user friendly online services.
- Developed curriculum for decentralized website publishing to teach university administrators.
- Trained and mentored 60 administrators in conducting university-wide web editing and publishing.
1994 - 1994
- Recruited and hired staff for sales team; managed sales department to ensure targeted goals met.
- Developed new staff members, training in computer hardware and business technology sales skills.
- Designed and implemented a business-to-business sales network.
- Developed sales opportunities with new clients fostered relationship-building.
- Motivated department to increase sales for regional sales contest.
- Boosted store position, moving it from 21st place to 3rd place for the region.
- Handled marketing and promotions for computer products.
- Liaised with suppliers to ensure timely inventory deliveries.
- Managed sales and inventory based on customer demand.
1990 - 1991
LEGAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
ANNA WHITE PARALEGAL SERVICES Paralegal Research AssociatePerformed extensive research on divorce and immigration laws to support clients’ legal cases. Collaborated with range of clients to develop and process individual cases; filed cases in court, liaised between clients, attorneys and court personnel to ensure timely communication and actions.NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS Advocacy Unity Legislative Research Intern
Researched and drafted legal reports on anti-trust implications of deceptive advertising practices, such as marketing for arifare and home equity loans. Developed anit-trust analysis news report on large chain-supermarket merger for City Commissioner.