Articulate, creative, analytical thinker with hands-on, global experience in advertising, non-profit public relations and philanthropic foundations. Specializing in and intensely passionate about corporate social responsibility strategy and communications. Proven success developing public relations plans, writing and awarding grants, event planning, evaluating budgets, crisis communication management and integrating social media into marketing plans. Strong knowledge and command of research tools and skills relevant to corporate social responsibility
Sep 2010 - Present
Co-Founder and Board of Directors Member
The Commonwealth for Health Foundation
·Co-founded the Commonwealth for Health Foundation-financially sponsored by The Highland Street Foundation
·Co-wrote a foundation mission statement, developed a communications package and request for proposal, conducted site visits and strategically distrubuted $10,000 in funds
·Was in charge of writing content for the foundation website which all grant writers were referred to to collect more information on the foundation, non-profits we support and to access our Request for Proposals.
Jun 2011 - Aug 2011
Public Relations Assistant
- Developed an entire social media strategy for the Department of Tourism and their Southern Regional Designated Marketing Organization as a way to connect with visitors to the area. New Facebook page members increased by 7.1%, feedback on Facebook posts increased by 15% and post views increased by 131% within two months.
- Managed the Department of Tourism's iPhone application that linked directly to their Twitter account - posting relevant content, responding to tweets and finding creative ways to drive traffic to the Department of Tourism website and Facebook page.
- Co-wrote and administered visitor intercept surveys and analyzed the results, helping to identify trendsincorporated into the annual grant proposal submitted to the State of New Jersey.
- Conceptualized, research and wrote a feature story for the annual Vacationer magazine (distribution in 40 states) on New Jersey Farmer's Markets and Sustainable Growing, Cooking & Eating.
Apr 2010 - Jul 2010
Marketing Communication Intern
- Wrote new web content for the redesign and relaunch of the Publicis Groupe website
- Maintained press section on the corporate website by organizing,editing and uploading media releases in French and English
- Prepared and edited Powerpoint presentations used in new business pitches in both French and English
2008 - 2010
·Developed an advertising campaign that included guerrilla and viral marketing targeted to on -campus student organizations to increase awareness of AdLab services
·Wrote an informational DVD script targeting Massachusetts Legislature to increase government funding for nursing homes
·Created a comprehensive advertising campaign from marketing objective to creative execution for Canon digital point- and- shoot cameras
·Directed the creative execution of a ‘sizzle reel’ for the U.S. Olympic Synchronized Swimming Team
Sep 2009 - Jan 2010
Copywriter and Strategy Consultant
- Conducted research on donor retention and creating value for nonprofits to obtain and keep donors
- Developed a strategy based on analysis of Konbit Sante's donation data to increase donor retention and build bonds with donors.
- Designed and wrote the copy for a Donor Thank You kit intended to increase donor retention which included: a brochure, thank you letter, bumper sticker, postcard featuring local Haitian art and donation card
Oct 2008 - Jan 2009
Public Relations Intern
The Gucci Group
·Organized press kits and compiled press mentions augmenting public relations outreach
May 2008 - Aug 2008
· Wrote summaries of growing economic trends in the Belgian market in French and English for Department of State foreign policy analysts
· Wrote proposal and was awarded J Kirby Simon Foreign Trust Grant for community service project
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
Marketing/Research & Development Intern
The Coca-Cola Company
·Compiled SWOT reports for Coca-Cola’s fifteen largest customers in Europe
·Conducted research in French and created collateral promotional materials for internal use and prospective clients
Sep 2010 - Present
- Projected GPA of 3.8
- Masters Thesis on "Effectively, authentically and meaningfully communicating a company's corporate social responsibility efforts to key stakeholders"
- Graduate Assistant to Professor John Verret
- Awarded academic scholarship
Sep 2007 - May 2010
- Dean’s List
- Awarded Jack B. Sacks prize for merit scholarship
- Awarded University Scholarship for top 10% of entering class