Jun 2015 - Present
Shaan Financial, Toronto, ON
• Write and proof targeted content for print newsletters, sell sheets, sales pitches, website material, email blasts and social content, creating engagement with potential customers.
• Implement social media strategies to gain industry exposure and new customer interaction.
• Track and monitor marketing campaigns to generate sales leads and increase monthly profits.
• Create reports for CEO to display ROI of various marketing campaigns.
• Source, design and manage promotional items to ensure brand cohesiveness and meet client demands.
• Execute trade shows and create onsite brochures in order to generate new sales leads.
• Develop and update company website to increase usability and increase number of clients.
• Produce and exhibit information booths for events and conferences to inform and educate potential clients and community members.
May 2013 - May 2014
Working Skills Centre, Toronto, ON
• Increased the overall monthly leads by 70% in 6 months by effectively managing a $120,000 yearly budget for Google AdWords campaign.
• Managed a content management system to regularly update and edit website using WordPress.
• Created monthly ads using print medium (Canadian Immigrant Magazine) and monitored and tracked ROI.
• Produced a new marketing tagline for the organization giving it a fresh start “Developing Talent, Embracing Diversity.”
• Generated monthly reports for management using Google Analytics and provided marketing inputs.
Jan 2008 - Jan 2013
Cubic Real Estate, Dubai
• Provided support at exhibitions and other promotional events such as stand duty, including arranging temporary promotional staff for distribution of fliers, collection of feedback forms and organized setting up of displays e.g. roll-up banners, posters, flier distribution, giveaways and promo CD’s.
• Coordinated with IT and marketing manager to organize data by working with graphics designer for creating online promotional content and execute weekly CRM email campaigns as directed and produced CRM feedback statistics to the marketing manager for executive report compilation.
• Scheduled and managed marketing aspect of online, CRM and e-mail campaigns for lead generation, liaised with IT for online marketing campaigns, defined targets and organized database.
• Coordinated on a regular basis with various vendors in producing marketing collateral for e.g. indoor & outdoor displays, brochures, fliers, posters, giveaways, promo CD’s, vehicle graphics etc.
• Supervised and established a healthy relationship with agencies and vendors to attain superior service, quality and credit terms and ensured all projects meet deadlines.
• Assisted the marketing manager in organizing training material for project launches and sales promotions by creating presentations and training manuals.
• Developed creative direction of all marketing and communication materials, including brochures, catalogs, press releases, e-mails, web content and marketing collateral.
Nov 2005 - Jan 2008
Cubic Real Estate, Dubai
• Successfully promoted to the position of Marketing Coordinator based on superior performance.
• Collated advertising data from sales consultants and reporting to sales manager for determining ads and their placement.
• Monitored competitor activity by reviewing websites, project launches, advertisements and press releases also report findings to marketing and sales manager.
• Assisted marketing and sales manager in implementing promotional campaigns for new project launches and overall marketing activities.
• Supported sales staff in various individual marketing activities and special projects as required.
• Assisted with the production of marketing collateral and literature and provided support for marketing events and exhibition displays.
• Kept marketing department’s documentation and databases up-to-date for future references.
Assistant Manager (Sales & Marketing)
Jan 2004 - Oct 2005
Sprint Corporation, Dallas, TX
• Originally hired as a Sales Associate and sub sequentially promoted to management position based on superior performance.
• Oversaw the overall activities and managed the daily business operations of 3 Sprint stores.
• Generated 25% increase in sales by identifying new market opportunities for the company targeting high school and college students using innovative marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
• Leadership, direction & management of 20 Sales & Customer Service associates.
• Conducted weekly sales and performance meetings to discuss the issues on hand and suggested solutions.
• Generated sales report, key variable report and performance charts for reporting to top management.
• Conducted a market research through questionnaires for basis of customer satisfaction and identifying improvement measures.
• Trained new recruits for leading product knowledge, customer service & long-term relations, sales management, competitor advantage, P2K software and the essential skills finally reducing turnover by 23%.
• Coordinated and supervised marketing campaigns and advertising techniques via flyers, brochures and local radio stations i.e. 100.5 The Katt and 94.7 The Buzz.
Sales and Marketing Intern
Jan 2003 - Jul 2003
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Oklahoma City, OK
• Successfully managed the rental services and corporate sales.
• Attained and exceeded targets for sales of insurances on various car rentals.
• 75% of sales came from repeat and satisfied customers.
• Received a scholarship from Enterprise Rent a Car.
• Organized events for dealerships and developed a good relationship with corporate and retail customers.