Hands-on software development experience designing, writing, debugging and testing object oriented code.
Function as a technical team leader, leading project teams by providing direction to team members keeping team on track to complete projects and ensuring project goals are met assigning tasks to team members and reviews the work of team members.
A solid understanding of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, security and performance.
Work with business owners to gather requirements, prepare functional specifications, form project plans and communicate progress throughout the software development life cycle.
Lead multiple projects throughout full life cycle, interacting with business owners, designers, developers and technical operational teams.
Work independently to review, coordinate, analyze and define requirements for new development or enhancements to and maintenance of existing systems
Analyze and design technical solutions for complex business requirements at line of business level
SCALE : Manhattan SCALE™, Supply Chain Architecture for Logistics Execution, is an ideal blend of features, functionality and technology for organizations looking for a high-performing, affordable, and low-risk supply chain solution.Being the Team Lead i had many roles and responsibilities from adding to developing new functionalities of SCALE product
- Worked on Slotting functionality,Pick and Drop location work execution, fixed many issues in this module.
- Added aggregate count functionality in Cycle count. Added Automated test cases.
- Rating and routing fedex functionality.FedEx bug Rating and Routing functionality about manifesting of container at close container introduced new functionalities that resulted in matching the real world customer needs.some issues with Localization and globalization,
- successfully contributed or implemented localization in our insights screens. Completed Globalization research as it was pending because of infragistics issues and updated the bug with required information on globalizing infragistics control,
- In MCII i have consistently delivered all the client reported issues with good quality, Delivered Overlocating defect a high priority fix within 48 hoursof client reporting it ,
- worked on update installer added new feature to ADD/UPDATE/DELETE entries in PRPOERTIES.SETTINGS
- Implemented Generic Framework for Offline Support in RF and Insight Screens User Stories related to Offline.js.
- helped team to fix compatibility issues present in chrome, safari browser, picking App for RF Application.
- Attended IBM AppScan training ,delivered Appscan presentation to the Team, identified the key places where we are seeing security vulnerability, Identified Security Vulnerabilities in our Product using Appscan , discussed with the team related to the security issues.
- Successfully Implemented Offline functionality with the help of generic framework in Both SCALE RF and Insight Screen.Successfully Contributed in making RF work in other Browsers and fixed compatibility issue and hence making RF work in Samsung Tablets, IPad. contributing to the successful implementation and running of SCALE RF in Android and IOS tablets
I did want to mention that I got "ABOVE AND BEYOND" for handling MCII TEAM, Delivering fix to the customer within 48hours, Innovation award multiple times.
SCALE product has desktop and web based application. web based application was only accessible via internet explorer. i successfully lead the project to make SCALE Product accessible to all browsers.
To make SCALE web application accessible via native android application , worked on SiteApp that uses webview to display application.
Modified the behavior of SCALE web application to detect the operating system and apply the stylesheet based on the User Agent
Amazon Cloud : Deployed various instances of amazon ec2, connected to this machine, did in both the places amazon and cloud used amazon email service
- Oppurtunistic to be Team Lead for the Deployed project that has made our Product SCALE on Cloud
- Added Cloud Storage to SCALE Product using Azure File Storage Api.
- worked on utilizing Load Balancer, Security Groups and Services, Application Gateways, Virtual Appliances to easily mimic on-premise architectures, and DNS services to reach and traffic manage services
- Deployed, Load Balanced various VM's
- worked on Site to Site VPN,
- worked on critical project that has made our Product SCALE on Cloud.
- High Availability / Load balancing our SCALE Product on Cloud.
- Also deployed our SCALE Product on cloud and made it accessible via RemoteApp.
- worked on High Availablility of Remote Desktop Services
- worked on Application Request routing
Performed Research on LOG: In this task i went through various logging frameworks like Log4net, and various interception frameworks like Windsor, Spring AOP. i concluded my research by developing a prototype which performs logging of data without much work using Spring AOP and Log4net.
Developed AUDT enhancement for SCALE : i developed logging utility for SCALE Product which implements logging of data whenever an exception happens. modified the way tool parses and logs the exception data so that it writes
exception log with lots of extra information that will be very much helpful in recreating the issue at the end user.
Developed ZYAM tool : I was responsible for developing and testing ZYAM tool. ZYAM tool is a ETL tool which extracts data from microsoft sharepoint website and loads transformed data to the yammer.com website. During Migration of Sharepoint post to yammer some of the difficult challenges we faced is how do we post SharePoint data to the yammer and how the end user or internal organization people will see. I completely handled Mining and Processing module of the SharePoint data which parses entire SharePoint posts and converts to YAMMER format of Posts and related replies
INVA project: successfully able to introduce overlay concept which can be used to overlay any page on a existing web page. INVA enhancement had narrow deadlines but successfully implemented overlay.successfully Added visibility of Inventory Attributes in RF pages
- Volume performance Testing using Visual Studio: Modified Existing SCALE VPT code to be able to work on all other client database. hence our existing VPT code can be used on any client database with little configuration and finally enabled Volume Performance Testing that can be performed on any SCALE Client. Learnt Volume performance testing in SCALE and analyzing Volume Performance Testing Results.
- Learnt capturing Sql server traces, Performance counter tracing, Volume performance testing data. delivered fixes for performance issue bugs, and to some performance issues Async Execution.
- Client KOMR manual dock assignment was taking considerable amount of time and i have been successful in fixing up the issue and delivering the fix to client resulting in huge performance gains during Dock Door Assignment that now takes very less time. I made it asynchronous and fixed the performance issue
- Added Dynamic Logic that detects Batch size during Load Confirmation leading to the performance improvement during inventory confirmation
- Performance team had performance issues During Receipt Putaway Location Override and I fixed the issue and gave a benefit of 20% to 30%.
- MyChemist client faced multiple issues and their operations where greatly affected in the area of Picking Container Putaway screen, resulting into many concurrency issue, it was really difficult to reproduce in-house, so I had multiple discussion with the CSO team, continous interactions to reproduce the issue, I identified the parts of the code for which we can create debug patch , given assistance to the CSO team for debug patches, Finally using the patch and after lots of investigations, we identified issues
Conversion of Legacy Entities to ORM
As part of this Project we were supposed to remove Legacy ORM to Nhibernate. so removed legacy orm from major part of our product.
Label ZPL : Label Learnt ZPL, analyzed and implemented labels using ZPL for clients. Created Vendor Labels as per Customer specifications, also did some custom changes other than the specification on the Label for betterment. Creating labels using Bartender and ZPL language Picked ZPL very well.implemented Barnes & Noble check digit algorithm within label as part of base.
NMVW : Worked on Asp.net MVC project , which is creating of new Asp.net mvc insight screens. worked on NMVW insight screen navigation bar header that is delivered with little or no issues.
I have been very much opportunistic to be part of implementation of Continuous Integration in SCALE which has many critical tasks to do like merging of unit
test and fitnesse results with two different report formats, and identification of code coverage finally sending data to CI score board.There were lots of Failures in Continuous Integration Machine, ensured that any failures I tried to fix up the issues, so that during release time it has really helped us to identify the issues in the product.
Web Analytics on SCALE and highlighted advantages of usage on our SCALE Product / any Manhattan product using PIWIK.
Contributed effectively for team interviews within the company or outside the company like getting involved in off campus recruitment drive and successfully involved in recruiting resource for the team. also Involved in preparation of interview question paper.
Created Whitepaper for RDP freezing issue "SCALE Whitepaper - IE Black Bar issue on RDP Session Reconnect.docx"