B.S Hons Appled geology
- A geological fieldwork of 15 days including Geomorphology, identification of rock formations on the basis of mineralogy, lithology, texture and differentiation of rock units in the Hazara area NE of Pakistan.
- A 15 days geological fieldwork in Punjab province of salt range(eastern, central, western) including depositional environment, identification of fossils, characteristics of fossils, index fossils for specific formation, age determination of formation on the base of fossils, sedimentary structures, diagnostic features of the formation, different types of structures(faults, folds) and rock potential for hydrocarbons based upon the fossil content.
- A geological fieldwork of 15 days in northern areas of Pakistan based upon study of tectonics of Pakistan (northern areas), mineralogy, magmatism, volcanism, Kohistan island arc, collision of Indian and Eurasian plate, economic minerals, total observation of igneous rocks, differentiation of magma, generation of magma, eruption of magma, nature of magma ,causes of eruption etc.
- A geological fieldwork of 30 days relating to the Project Thesis was carried out in the Dadyal, Chhatroh and nearby areas of Mirpur Azad Kashmir and Kanger. Mandhal and Jabbar areas of District Rawalpindi Pakistan.
- A geological field work of 7 days in Rajian oil field and RIG in the area to study the southern potohar platform zone and RIG operation at the site.
- A 15 days field work relating to the M.S thesis in the Mirpur & Bhimbher districts of Azad Jammu & Kashmir along with Fullbright Meritorious professor Mirza Shahid Baig in which the neo tectonic field study techniques and Geodynamics field techniques were studied and applied in the field.
- A geological field of one week with Mirza Shahid Baig and Professor Shahaab Pervaiz regarding the data acquisition for the PAPG conference held at PC hotel at 22nd of June on the Hydrocarbon potential of the Kashmir basin.
Thesis work was done in the field of structure geology including (faults, folds) marking and tracing of faults, types of faults, types of folds, oil and gas potential & lithological variations marking identification. These readings were taken to prepare the structural map, geological map, route and traverse maps. Shooting methods tachniques, three point citing, tape measurements, geological symbols, sedimentary structures, identification of minerals and fossils, formation thickness, extension and topography of the formations and area, diagnostic features of the formation, tectonics of the area were deeply observed during the field. Thesis work was carried out under the supervision of Prof Dr. Mirza Shahid Baig (Fullbright Merritorious Professor), Asst. Prof. Shahab Parvez (Structural Geologist) and Asst. Prof. Iqbal Siddqui (Petroleum Geologist).