Executive Assistant to the Court Administrator
68th District Court
General Statement of Duties:
Assists the Court Adminsitrator with the administrative functions of the 68th District Court; performs complex and varied clerical and technical functions requiring a high degree of decision and confidentiality; acts in a liaison capacity between the Court Administrator and State, County, and City agencies and departments; performs related work as required.
Supervision Received: Works under the supervision of the 68th District Court Administrator.
Supervision Exercised: Exercises working supervision over court employees as necessary.
Examples of Duties:
1. Maintains adminstrative records and reports such as caseload reports, personnel records, purchase orders, vouchers, budget documents, key and access card assignments, juror records and related court and facility documents.
2. Prepares correspondence, confidential memoranda, reports, agendas, meeting summaries, forms and other documents related to the effective operation of the Court; conducts ordinary correspondence without review; uses court office automation system to create, maintain and file a variety of documents; schedule events; and communicate with other network users.
3. Assists in the effective processing of cases before the court by coordinating interpreters, arranging for disqualification/judicial assignments, assigning case numbers, summoning, postponing, and excusing jurors and otherwise expediting cases as necessary.
4. Orders, receives and distributes the following for the staff of the court: office supplies, furniture, equipment, books, subscriptions, forms, keys, access cards and materials related to the efficient operation of the Court.
5. Maintains effective contact with vendors, suppliers, and service technicians for court equipment including: copiers, computers, printers, typewriters, court recording equipment, telephones and other equipment.