A competent professional with nearly 7 years of rich experience in business development,strategic planning, sales and marketing, distribution management and team management in the automotive and industrial infrastructure industry. Swastyayan has abilities in devising strategies to augment business,brand building and promoting products, streamlining distribution networks and targeting potential customers. Before graduating from XLRI Jamshedpur, Swastyayan had 6 years of experience in challenging assignments at the leading automotive companies of the country. Presently he is leading business development initiatives and is responsible for engaging with the CXOs of prospective clients for the Engineering SEZ in an infrastructure company.
Jun 2009 - May 2010
Post Graduate Diploma in General Management
- Analyzed French Retail industry; Devised Group Adeo’s India Entry Strategy in Home Improvement Retail Space given the FDI restrictions.
- Development of go-to-market strategies for the Indian market.
- Consistently adjudicated XLRI’s best team in Capstone Strategic Simulation (globallytop 10% in most rounds).
1999 - 2003
- President of the News and Publications Society, BIT Mesra.
- Member of the Organising Committee of the Annual College Fest, BITOTSAV.
May 2010 - Present
DGM( Business Development)
MARG Group is a leading infrastructure developer based out of Chennai - India, with a diversified portfolio of development of Special Economic Zones(SEZ)s, IT Parks, Ports, Townships, Malls, Roads, Airports and Residential Projects. MARG Swarnabhoomi, the flag ship project of the MARG Group, offers ideal environments for business, living and learning .Situated on the High growth corridor, the East Coast Road (ECR), connecting Chennai andPondicherry, MARG Swarnabhoomi is master planned by HOK – USA and spread over 1000 acres.
- Efficiently leading and managing the marketing team for the Engineering SEZ.
- Proactively conducted a feasibility study for setting up an industrial park in the domestic tariff area adjacent to the engineering SEZ and presented the same to the management.
- Implemented an efficient lead tracker mechanism and mapped the different sources of lead with the sales unit and identified the most cost effective means of lead generation for the engineering SEZ.
- Identifying target market segment, suggesting a target specific strategy to address to that segment and continuously monitoring Market & Competitors development.
- Played key role in attracting a leading home appliances market for engineering SEZ to set up their export unit.
Nov 2007 - Jun 2009
Manager(Pre Owned Cars)
- Effectively led the True Value (Pre Owned Cars) business line of Maruti Suzuki for Andhra Pradesh and successfully achieved the sales (4000 True Value Cars) and revenues target (INR 20 Million) in 08-09.
- Headed a team of 6 engineers responsible for certification of cars and achieved a certified car ratio of 47% (national highest) with a margin of INR 12500/car.
- Initiated a process to track and increase the average price of every used car sold in the region.This enhanced customer’s confidence and boosted the new car sales.
- Notably implemented ISO processes at all the True Value outlets in the region.
- Promoted exchange sales of new cars in the region-contributing 20% to the new car volumes.
- Organised events like conducting auctions for non-certified cars thereby increasing profitability of models as well as channel partners.
- Registered the highest growth in True Value Cars sales among all the regions in the country.
- Letter of appreciation received from Network Manager (South) for setting new standards in Pre-Owned Car business in Andhra Pradesh for the FY 2008-09.
Jan 2006 - Nov 2007
- Aptly handled responsibility for the sales of LCVs and ICVs in 10 districts of Orissa.
- Notably devised a tool (Application Matrix) to track the different applications of each of the LCVs sold across the state vis –a- vis competition.
- Efficiently led the sales team of 3 dealerships and successfully improved market share to 100% in December 2006 in LCV segment and maintained a market share of 94% in ICV segment.
- Launched an attractive incentive scheme for the dealer sales force which motivated them to meet the budget volumes and market share.
- Significantly identified a new business opportunity (iron ore transportation) and positioned ICV in the same which enhanced the value for the customers.
- Selected for international business assignment for extraordinary performance in LCV/ICV Business.
Nov 2003 - Dec 2005
- Actively handled the responsibility of management of the distributor dealer network as well as responsible for the sales of the USHA brand of Pistons, Rings and Engine Valves in the entire territory of North Bengal.
- Played a key role in trebling the sales of bi-wheeler piston assemblies (750 units) in the assigned area.
- Significantly developed a new market (Jaigaon and Bhutan) & generated annual revenues of INR 1 Million.