Philanthropy Committee Chair, Alpha Kappa Psi Co-Ed Business Fraternity (March 09 – current)
- Developed a business plan to organize Relay for Life for 70 team members and raised over $600.
- Arranged a Blood Drive through which over 35 pints of blood was donated.
- Presented weekly presentations using Microsoft Powerpoint on upcoming events and the importance of philanthropy in front of over 65 members.
Brotherhood Committee, Alpha Kappa Psi Co-Ed Business Fraternity
(Sep 08 – Dec 08)
- Managed the budgeting of our committee through the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Collaborated with 17 other members to raise $5.5 thousand for various projects.
- Raised over $200 alone from bowl-a-thon and recruited over 50 members for a company called Skybuy.
Captain/Choreographer, UCSD Raas Ruckus Dance Team
(April 08 – May 09)
- Presided a group of 20 people when forming a competitive team; developed tenacity in my performance.
- Cooperated with other team officers when making important decisions regarding the team.
- Utilized Microsoft Excel for creating a budget sheet to monitor the expenses.
Vice Chair for Programming, Student Committee on Residential Enhancement UCSD
(Sep 07 – June 08)
- Developed strong decision making and management skills through planning student events/programs.
- Created a conservation promotion program through advertisement and events for over 200 students.
- Improvised on my public speaking and leadership skills through weekly club meetings.
Tutor, Preuss School UCSD
(Jan 08 – June 08)
- Worked with a second grade teacher to tutor her students in the field of science.
- Developed patience when trying to teach the students the different material presented to them.
- Learned the importance of giving back to the community with the little children I worked with.