- managed the operational budget and advised senior management on financial strategies; administered the school capacities and delivery of the academic programme;
- ensured consistency of the public image through timely placement of advertisements and commercials, presented the school in the public and liaised with the media;
- recruited and trained the new teachers; supported staff development through counselling and training needs assessment; established a positive working environment with the staff;
- facilitated the establishment of the Yugoslav Association of Language Schools (YALS) in 1999 which became an associated member of the European Association of Quality Language Services (EAQUALS).
- assisted the Head of Department in planning, designing and implementing projects and activities that contributed to the democratisation agenda of the country, including education;
- managed educational projects and took part in internal reporting procedures on project implementation;
- improved the communication among staff by delivering training courses and workshop on a variety of topics (presentation skills, communication skills, diplomatic protocol, public speech, etc.);
- implemented projects for children with special needs covered from Ambassador’s Charity Fund.
2013 - Present
Head of Cambridge International School
- administered the international department of the Centre, working closely with the Head of National School and the Director of the Centre in order to optimise academic programme and synchronise the whole-school educational and social perspectives while ensuring a high standard of performance and service;
- led in the development of the academic standard at school and ensured its maintenance by conducting regular assessment, evaluation and appraisal of the teacher performance; frequently visited each classroom to observe pedagogical instruction and to encourage, guide and support the teachers in working towards achieving the learning results;
- facilitated the establishment of the international PTA “International Parents’ Club”, which works towards school’s benefit and students’ wellbeing.
2010 - 2013
Primary School Academic Programme Coordinator and Year 5 Teacher
- worked together with the Principal, Head of Primary School and administrative staff towards creating a positive learning environment and opportunities for the school growth;
- ensured smooth implementation of the curriculum objectives and synchronised academic programme in order to achieve excellence in teaching;
- liaised with the teachers, students and parents in order to triangulate feedback and generate ideas for the improvement of the academic programme implementation;
- created curriculum based workshops for teachers to ensure implementation of the innovative methodologies and outsourced educational partners in support of the teachers’ professional development;
- taught Year 5 (age 9-10), following the British National and Cambridge International Examinations Curricula.
2004 - 2008
- designed, developed and implemented academic programmes for private language schools in lieu with the timeframe and budget allocated; oversaw the delivery of the programmatic outputs and proposed changes in order to yield best possible outcomes; prepared evaluation reports and proposed follow-up projects;
- advised senior management on operational changes according to the data analyses and proposed actions to be taken in order to ensure smooth implementation of the academic programme;
- developed teacher training courses based on the training needs analyses and facilitated implementation of the training objectives.