Vice President of Education
- Responsible for worldwide learning and professional development initiatives and programs, including global strategy/vision, program and curriculum design, marketing, faculty recruitment and development, event management, continuous quality improvement, product line expansion and program delivery/execution.
- Accountable for approximately $1.5 million in annual revenue directly attributable to learning/professional development (an increase of 6.6% in my first year of leadership) and a projected additional contribution of approximately $100,000 from new programs to be delivered during the remainder of FY14.
- Manage a team of five, located domestically and abroad, responsible for all aspects of the association’s Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) Designation, Senior Leader of Corporate Real Estate (SLCR) Certification and CoRE Fundamentals programs and for a total of more than 70 multiple-day events across North America, Europe-Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Australia-New Zealand regions. More targeted outreach yielded a 32% year-over-year increase in the number of MCR designees/graduates from 127 to 168 and boosted seminar registrations by 100+ (at a price of $915-$1,800 per person) by optimizing attendance and better calibrating supply to demand.
- Engaged as turnaround expert to transform the association’s outdated Global Summit conference (constituting approximately $4.5 million in annual revenue from four events worldwide). Notable accomplishments include introduction of an exclusive Executive Track (exceeding goal of 25 attendees by 15); curation of soft-skills topics/content into the session mix; the debut of several learning venues into the exhibit hall area. (See “CoreNet Global Summits Then & Now” documents for a detailed accounting of transformative innovations.)
- Pioneered the concept for incorporating leadership development training into the association’s learning/professional development portfolio. Led project to identify leadership competencies that corporate real estate professionals require for career advancement; created conceptual model for delivering leadership training alongside technical education; currently involved in identifying prospective vendors and content/training providers for online, virtual-live, blended and in-person leadership development programs
- Introduced CoRE Fundamentals certificate model to reach targeted customers and build brand recognition in emerging/growth markets such as China and India (with education rather than membership as a means of engagement/entry, due to cultural preferences). Plans include expanding this product line to extend the life of the relationship with these prospective members and to enhance the value proposition.
- Developed and introduced the MCR.w (for “workplace”) specialty track to capitalize on interest in shifts in employee work styles, mobility trends, productivity demands and increasing costs of traditional “brick and mortar” corporate real estate.
- Brokered partnerships with universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil and China, as well as the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, to reach prospects in emerging markets and those where English is not the native language.
- Led from-scratch development of the concept, program, content and marketing messaging for the Spring Forward event series. This includes series/event branding; directing development of graphic identity/logos; identifying, negotiating and contracting presenters; assuming primary contact responsibility for the Women of CoreNet Global SIG; collaborating with sponsors; assuming the lion’s share of responsibility for the marketing push (when other priorities and staff shortage precluded this being handled by the centralized Marketing Department).