Citrix XenApp Administrator, Client Technology
Compugen Inc. Chatham, Ontario
- Designed and implemented Citrix XenApp versions up to 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 physical and virtual servers for Spectra Energy, which hosted an average of over 1,000 concurrent users each day.
- Managed a high volume of daily Citrix troubleshooting tickets to resolve issues for clients in Canada and the US during business hours and after hours in an on-call rotation.
- Performed server maintenance tasks including monthly and out of band Microsoft patching and hotfixes, Citrix updates on over 200 Citrix servers.
- Tested, documented and installed business critical applications including SCADA, SAP, and GIS in Citrix XenApp using Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) packaging for application deployment.
- Implemented Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) which reduced physical servers in favour of a highly scalable virtual infrastructure managed using VMWare VSphere 5.5.
- Particpated in Root Cause Analyses (RCA) and provided valuable feedback to avoid Citrix interruptions and outages.