Manager Database performance
I manage a team of 17 engineers to support database performance of mission-critical applications for all Oracle customers. While supporting small to the extremely large mission-critical implementation of various platforms, constantly improve and evolve the support services for Oracle customers. I am responsible for areas including but not limited to:
- Handling executive level escalations for database performance issues and following up on those through the resolution for mission-critical environments, saving millions of dollars in revenue for the customers by reducing the time for unplanned outages.
- Partnering with Oracle development teams internally to screen product defects, provide feedback on product improvements, identify critical issues for bug fixes, improving rediscovery data for known code defects, regularly share customer experience with development.
- Working closely with the automation task force that works on areas to improve the support experience by automating various phases of support engagement. Working on projects for improved productivity through automation and ML by using problem signatures and problem analyzers.
- Partnering with Oracle Sales teams to ensure priority attention to situations where new revenue is at stake or existing revenue is at risk.
- Hiring of technical engineers who are capable of providing top-line support.
- Ensuring adherence to processes, to ensure consistency and coverage.
- Defining annual team objectives and ensuring that the team maintains focus on these objectives.
- Implementing employee development programs.