Manager Database performance
I manage a team of 17 engineers to support database performance of mission critical applications for all Oracle customers. Having small to extremely large mission critical implementation of various platform presents a challenge to stay ahead of the game and constantly improve the support services for our customers. We keep evolving the support services to keep improving customer's experience. I am responsible for all areas of support for my product area including but not limited to:
- Hiring of technical engineers who are capable of providing top line support, while at the same time keeping costs under control by balancing high-cost and low-cost coverage.
- Ensuring adherence to all processes, to ensure consistency and coverage 24x7x365.
- Handling Executive Level Escalations, and following issues through to resolution.
- Defining annual team objectives, and ensuring that the team maintains focus on these objectives.
- Working on projects for improved product diagnosability, Service Request prevention, improvement of internal tools and other initiatives aimed at greater customer satisfaction and better efficiency in our delivery.
- Partnering with Oracle Development teams internally to screen product defects, provide feedback to development on product improvements, identify critical issues for Patchset and PSU inclusion, improving rediscovery data for known code defects, and ensuring that development understands the customer experience on an ongoing basis.
- Partnering with Oracle Sales teams to ensure that priority attention is given to situations where new revenue is at stake or existing revenue is at risk.