Manager Database performance
I manage a team of 17 engineers to support database performance of mission-critical applications for all Oracle customers. Having small to the extremely large mission-critical implementation of various platform presents a challenge to stay ahead of the game and constantly improve the support services for our customers. So, we keep evolving the support services to keep improving customer's experience. I am responsible for all areas of support for my product area including but not limited to:
- Hiring of technical engineers who are capable of providing top-line support, while at the same time keeping costs under control by balancing coverage at high-cost centers like the USA and low-cost center like India and Romania.
- Ensuring adherence to all processes, to ensure consistency and coverage 24x7x365.
- Handling Executive Level Escalations for database performance issues and following up on issues through resolution for mission-critical environments, saving millions of dollars in revenue for the customers by reducing the time for unplanned outages.
- Defining annual team objectives like the quality of service and ensuring that the team maintains focus on these objectives. In last year, I managed to reduce the engineer queue size and increase the throughput by 10% while maintaining customer satisfaction at 8/10 through various initiatives like focusing on mentoring and training.
- I am the member of automation task force that identifies areas to automate parts of support process to improve the support experience and identify solutions based on issue description to avoid ticket creation with support. Working on projects for improved productivity through automation and ML by using problem signatures and problem analyzers. In last year the automation projects implemented by my team now allow 15% of issues to go through the automated analysis and improve the efficiency of engineers and decrease time to resolution for the customer.
- Partnering with Oracle Development teams internally to screen product defects, provide feedback to development on product improvements, identify critical issues for bug fixes, improving rediscovery data for known code defects, and ensuring that development understands the customer experience on an ongoing basis.
- Partnering with Oracle Sales teams to ensure priority attention to situations where new revenue is at stake or existing revenue is at risk.