Project Manager/Software Developer
U.S. Department of Commerce
- Lead team of software developers in developing and maintaining administrative systems and web sites.
- Instituted a content management system for the management of multiple websites.
- Lead a cross-functional team to identify datasources from multiple organizations to feed data into a new government-wide badging system.
- Developed a self-service employee directory with Ruby on Rails and MySQL.
- Developed a website distributed caching proxy system with Ruby.
- Developed a employment application system with Perl and MySQL.
- Developed a performance appraisal system with Perl and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Developed a contact management and automated email and fax broadcast system using Visual Basic.
- Performed training of end-users in topics such as content management, creating web pages and advanced usage of word processors.
- Performed developer training in topics such as accessibility, and website technologies, PHP, Perl and Ruby.
- Served as back-up administrator for multiple Red Hat Linux servers.