Feb 1994 - Present
Project Manager/Software Developer
- Lead team of software developers in developing and maintaining administrative systems and web sites.
- Instituted a content management system for the management of multiple websites.
- Lead a cross-functional team to identify datasources from multiple organizations to feed data into a new government-wide badging system.
- Developed a self-service employee directory with Ruby on Rails and MySQL.
- Developed a website distributed caching proxy system with Ruby.
- Developed a employment application system with Perl and MySQL.
- Developed a performance appraisal system with Perl and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Developed a contact management and automated email and fax broadcast system using Visual Basic.
- Performed training of end-users in topics such as content management, creating web pages and advanced usage of word processors.
- Performed developer training in topics such as accessibility, and website technologies, PHP, Perl and Ruby.
- Served as back-up administrator for multiple Red Hat Linux servers.
Apr 1990 - Feb 1994
- Developed medical data entry and reporting applications for PCs using Clipper, dBase III+ and DOS batch.
- Performed statistical analysis on IBM 370 using SAS and JCL.
Aug 1988 - Apr 1990
Technical Support Specialist
- Installed a network to connect all office computers.
- Procured and maintained office computer hardware and software.
- Trained and provided assistance to faculty and staff.
- Developed a budget tracking system with dBase.
- Developed a catalog and checkout system for a small school library with DataPerfect.
University of Maryland, College Park - College of Computer, Mathematical, & Physical Sciences
- Identity management
- Information architecture
- Usability and accessibility
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute