Freelance communications consultant providing creative services for projects as needed. Specializing in writing, publication design and production, web content and design, graphics and photography, event management, market research and public relations.
Sep 1998 - Present
Public Relations & Communications Consultant
Providing public relations, marketing and design services for organizations and businesses.
- Graphic design and production
- Writing and editing, including technical writing, report writing, news writing, copy, and SEO content
- Web content, usability and design
- Environmental and technical issues
- Outreach and marketing to corporate and community organizations
Apr 1991 - Sep 1998
Media Coordinator and Publications Manager
- Handled media for water-related issues in Puget Sound, including editorial boards, news conferences, and media training for others.
- Developed strategies and produced materials for outreach to local governments, businesses, non-profit groups and others.
- Worked closely with scientists from state agencies to help publicize and promote technical pollution related data gathered by the Puget Sound Ambient Monitoring Program.
- Researched, wrote and produced the agency's newsletter, which was distributed to 15,000 people in Puget Sound.
- Managed publications, from writing and editing to design and production.
Dec 1989 - May 1990
Publicized legislators’ activities via news feeds to broadcast media.