Patouillet Consulting LLC
Senior Consultant (Ohio Office)
April 2013 – Present: Knoxville, Tennessee
- Provide expertise in the area of strategic communication, in addition to the organization's broad variety of services that include strategic planning, revenue generation and volunteer management for U.S. colleges, universities and nonprofit organizations.
Honda North America / O2 Ideas (PR Agency)
August 2012 – April 2013: Marysville, Ohio / Birmingham, Alabama
(Contract position during 30th-anniversary celebration and company reorganization. Reported jointly to O2 Ideas and both the Honda HR and Corporate Communications departments.)
- Developed strategy with Honda executives, and coordinated agency creation of videos, billboards, international-conference displays and other materials during Honda North America's 30th anniversary and company reorganization.
- Co-directed the implementation of social media. Led the strategic writing/design of various HR materials, and organized town-hall meetings, in support of Honda change-management culture.
- Planned and implemented simultaneous, worldwide announcement of company reorganization, as part of executive planning committee.
University of Tennessee Research Foundation
Director of Communications and Marketing
July 2010 – July 2012: Knoxville, Tennessee
- Managed a $2-million communications budget; promoted new technologies of the system-wide university, through the Office of Licensing and Technology, part of the UT Research Foundation. Technologies included those of the UT Health Sciences Center and UT Medical Center.
- Directed design of the organization's inaugural websites, creatives, news releases and special events. Founding editor of the organization's e-newsletter.
- Promoted construction/start-up of the 5-megawatt West Tennessee Solar Farm, a special federal/state project assigned to UT. Organized a ribbon-cutting celebration with national and state dignitaries, and directed the creation of a 3,000-sq.-ft educational exhibit.
University of Florida
Director of Public Relations (reporting to the AVP, University Relations)
July 2006 – July 2010: Gainesville, Florida
- Increased public awareness through the strategic direction of campus news. Created and promoted the university's key messages and provided media coaching and counsel to executive administration.
- Managed graphics/print, photography, Web/electronic and social media (campus news). Directed special events, including earning a national CASE award.
- Founding editor of a campus-wide e-newsletter with broad distribution to 200,000+.
Public Relations Manager
February 2000 – July 2005: Worthington, Ohio
- Promoted automotive, travel, financial and insurance services. Increased Ohio club's media exposure by 300 percent, with no budget increase: 1,000+ local/national interviews. National spokesperson experience includes New York Times, USA Today, NPR (40+) and more.
- Directed innovative public campaign for Earth Day, resulting in more stray automotive and marine batteries collected in Ohio than all other states combined.
- Served as managing editor of the AAA Ohio newsletter. Contributing writer: The Columbus Dispatch (travel), and Home & Away magazine.
Sprint (Ohio and Indiana)
Area Marketing Assistant
August 1997 – February 2000: Columbus, Ohio
- Created newsletters and various marketing presentations for the two-state area; assisted with events and news releases. Ordered sales collateral for 300+ retail stores, and was responsible for $300,000+ in promotional items.