Strategic Sales & Marketing / Competitive Market Positioning / New Product LaunchBig Box & Specialty Store Relationships / International Production
Dynamic sales and marketing professional with proven accomplishments gained in the highly competitive fashion industry. Strong presentation, negotiation, and communication skills, expert in building top-producing relationships with customers and business partners worldwide. Immediate value includes expertise in:
Sales Leadership...Account Development...Product LaunchRelationship Management...Strategic Planning & MarketingEffective Communicator...Train / Coach / Motivate...Best PracticesTrends...Re-branding...Product Development...Brand Strategy
- Developed marketing and sales strategy for a $20 million dollar design company specializing in proprietary development for fashion, home, and pet accounts. (design LAB Inc.)
- Helped facilitate multi-million dollar deals connecting fashion related companies for co-branding collaborations with the world's largest pet retailer. (design LAB Inc.)
- Opened and managed big box, department and specialty store retailers throughout the United States. (design LAB Inc.)
- Identified opportunities to generate sales in specific categories identifying future trends using available resources within the company's capabilities. (design LAB Inc.)
- Acquired 12 new accounts and generated $1.5 million in revenue over a 9 month time period for a new private label company. (Royal Love)
- Initiated a re-brand for Royal Love to better position and promote the company in line with its core values. (Royal Love)
- Streamlined entire production process in India, resulting in a reduced cost of failure by approximately 30%. (Royal Love)
- Developed new products using an ability to pre-empt trends. These became key seasonal items for Royal Love.
- Brought fresh design ideas in to help evolve the product portfolio in line with its revised brand strategy. (Frederick's of Hollywood)
- Worked with footwear team to develop the new product portfolio during a merger with a new licensee. (Guess? Inc.)
- Awarded buying responsibility for department test items in order to pre-determine next season's key drivers. (Guess? Inc.)
- Analyzed and presented weekly sales results in order to provide business insight to senior management. (Frederick's of Hollywood)
- Created and maintained production tracking spreadsheets capturing key data to drive efficiencies in the supply chain process. (Frederick's of Hollywood)
- Managed stock to insure that correct volumes were supplied regionally and on the basis of forecast to ensure target stores could maximize sales. (Guess? Inc.)
Chronological Employment History
design LAB Inc.│Los Angeles, CA March 2010-Present
design LAB is a leader in the fashion, pet, and home industries by combining up to the minute trends with functional products. The customer base spans specialty fast fashion to big box retailers. In addition to proprietary development, design LAB also specializes in licensed products.
Vice President of Sales
Freelance Stylist │ Los Angeles, CA August 2007 - Present
Create desired looks on numerous union commercials by using knowledge and resources of industry to express the brand vision. Work with various individuals on closet organization to help identify a personal style. Shop for clients based on their individual needs helping to create more cohesive looks on a budget.
Royal Love Inc.│ Los Angeles, CA October 2007 - March 2010
Private label junior's apparel and accessories company with employees based in Los Angeles, New York, and Mumbai, India.
Account Executive/Product Development Manager
Frederick's of Hollywood │Los Angeles, CA February 2006 - October 2007
Well-known retailer of women's lingerie with 118 retail locations across the United States, a catalog, and an online shop.
Guess? Inc. │Los Angeles, CA May 2004-February 2006
Guess Inc. designs, manufactures, and licenses a wide variety of men's and women's denim, cotton, and knit apparel. Guess products are available primarily in factory and retail stores in the United States and Canada, as well as through its Internet store.
Assistant Buyer (promotion from sales analyst) June 2005 - February 2006
Sales Analyst May 2004 - June 2005Early Career History: Banana Republic, Sales Associate, November 2002 - August 2003; The Highlands at Breckenridge, Administrative Assistant and Public Relations Assistant, January 2000-October 2002. Education & Recognition
The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, Los Angeles, CA
Associate of Arts Degree, June 2004
Fashion Merchandise Marketing-Magna Cum Laude
2004 Premier Marketing Award at FIDM
Exemplified passion for the retail corporate environment combined with dedication to the pursuit of excellence.