Susan Su is currently a product manager in the social media industry. Susan's experience spans the non-profit, corporate, and start-up fields, and focuses on understanding and relating to users and voices outside of the United States.
Oct 2008 - Apr 2009
Associate Product Manager
• Launched hi5’s first premium SMS service in Thailand, leading technical and business discussions with major in-country telecommunications partners.
• Drove product design, development and launch activities across localization, engineering, QA, and business development teams.
Jun 2008 - Oct 2008
• Drove development of an OpenSocial crowd-sourcing interests application to link and store user-generated ‘interests’ to optimize ad targeting and friend-finding.
• Acquired and managed largest body of schools and colleges content in the social media sphere, exceeding 1.2MM entries.
Oct 2007 - Jun 2008
• Launched Google Earth 4.3 in 26 languages and locales, achieving record-breaking international traffic within the first week of launch.
• Launched the Earth Outreach public benefit program for the first time internationally, reaching six languages.
• Launched internationalized Help Centers for dozens of country versions of Google Earth and Maps.
Sep 2005 - Sep 2006
AmeriCorps Wage Claims and Community Outreach Coordinator
CASA Latina via Literacy AmeriCorps
• Singlehandedly negotiated the recovery of over $8,000 in unpaid wages for low- and no-income clients, saving over 100 attorney hours.
• Designed and delivered year-long Spanish-language street theater program for day laborers about labor rights, job safety, and immigration policy.
2001 - 2005
Emphasis on labor and economic histories of societies impacted by colonialism. Awards: - 2004 Undergraduate Research Program Major Grant for honors thesis research on how economics shaped apartheid legislation in South Africa. - 2003 Chappell-Lougee Award for research project on how the organics movement impacted French agribusiness.