Healthcare:Disease management and managed care communications for SDMS-Astra Zeneca, Federal HHS, Universal Healthcare Services, Atlantic Health System, Holy Redeemer Hospital and others.
- Siemens Medical Systems: Interacted with division executives, reporting to employee relations manager. Summarized quarterly meetings. Interviewed executives. Wrote and edited profiles and business-related stories for world-wide employee magazine. (Client for 2 years).
- CVS: Interviewed store managers and wrote articles for consumer newsletter launch.
Conceive and write corporate, sales force, trade and new product sales promotion and direct response for advertising agencies, whose clients include Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Warner-Wellcome, Wyeth-Ayerst, Lederle Pharmaceuticals and others. (Since 1997).
- Wrote patient materials for new Ig replacement therapy. Minimal changes prior to FDA approval. (December 2009 - March 2010)
- Created Powerpoints for arthritis, COPD and stroke
- Website and newsletter copy for a major pharmaceutical disease management initiative.
Functioning in roles ranging from creative director to direct response writer, researched and wrote about health insurance and health insurance issues for this complex market.
- TMG Health: Conceived advertising and postcard campaign. Edited and wrote all articles for biweekly newsletter for managed care payor clientele. (February 2009 - April 2009).
- Independence Blue Cross: Content for consumer Medicare site: Site65.com. Copy-edited consumer health care articles for "Health and You", online magazine. (client for 1 year).
- VIIAD: Website launch copy for Virtual Identification Card for Health Insurance, aimed at payors. (March - April 2006).
- Medco Rx: Direct response campaign concepts and copy to Medicare recipients.
Financial Products and Services:
Consult on overall strategic communications initiatives, including advertising, PR, web, and direct response for banking and credit cards.
- Orchard Bank Credit Card: Created Point-Roll concept that was chosen for client presentation from among 3 teams work
- National Future Mortgage. One letter to new clients increased package returns by 97%. (client for 2 years)
- Village Savings Bank IPO. Saturated local media with news releases, letters and feature stories. Set up infrastructure (media database, clippings) and pitched stories. Created grand opening concepts, rack literature and retail ideas. Result: widespread coverage, including full page in the New York Times. (4 months)
- LGR Group (Lease Group Resources): Coordinated Grand Opening event and publicity, resulting in full front-page business coverage from New Jersey dailies for a minority-owned business equipment reseller-leasor and systems integrator. Consulted with owner on web-based quick-print venture. (2 months)
Education/Non-profit:ETS (Educational Testing Service): Edited and wrote recruitment and product promotions, including executive PowerPoint presentations. (2/06-6/06)Energy:Exelon Enterprises: Created an integrated communications plan for IPO. Hill International: Developed strategic communications plan and direction for advertising agency. Gibbs and Hill: Public relations planning, strategy and writing.Entertainment:
Trump Atlantic City Hotels and Casinos: Client chose my image ad from 12 present. It was featured on Live! with Kelly and Regis, won a "Relly" award. Garnered huge response and memorability.
Direct Response for Cox Cable, Caeser’s Atlantic City .Technology:
Helped launch and establish software brands such as pcAnywhere and DataViz through a small NYC agency specializing in technology. Coordinated tradeshow events, established media relations (including procedures and database tracking/pitching system), and wrote PR and advertising copy. (1987-1989). Real Estate:
Commercial and residential advertising and public relations copy for Port Authority of New York, Helmsley-Spear, Coldwell Banker, Pulte Homes and others. (1985 - 1990).Food and Package Goods:
Involved in both strategy and tactics, from writing strategic plans to concepts for consumer, trade and sales force campaigns. Worked for two sales promotion agencies and a major PR firm as a copywriter for 3 years prior to freelancing.
- Website manuscripts for Health Valley and Classico Sauces.
- Sales promotion copywriting for Campbell Soups, Kraft Foods, M&M Mars, Nabisco, Cento, Reynolds Metals, Alpo, Goya, Pepsi, Miller Brewing, Dial, Kimberly-Clark, Farmland Dairies, ICCI-Mytee Mitt.
- Successful PR launch of Skim Plus Milk, for Farmland Dairies, ncluding coverage by major NY papers and media.
Copywriting for AT&T (hotels, pay phones), PECOAdelphia (Peco Telcove) ad content, CTCO and CTSI – print and direct response.
Unitarian Universalist Church of Cherry Hill, Communications/Media Relations Consultant and Volunteer (Present)
Voorhees Animal Adoption, Foster Mother and Volunteer
Philadelphia Chapter, American Marketing Association: Vice President, Publicity. (2005-2006)