I was a customer Service Officer for both the customers and agents. It was a challenging job, as both required different level of skills. Customers will require more personal relation skills as those with queries are usually tense about their policies and naturally would demand more answers. Agents will submit more complicated cases, especially those related to Businesses and Maid Insurance. These required more knowledge on the procedures and the system.
- Handle customer enquiries regarding their policies. i.e. policy premium, maturity date, bonus acquired
- Process customers requests i.e. payments, cancellation, withdrawal of bonus, submission of claims
- Cross Selling of Insurance.
- Administration Processes i.e. printing of new policies, making copies
- Handling agents and request for new policies. i.e. Travel, Business, Maid, Overseas Student protection, Vehicle insurances
- Working with 3 integrated systems
- Handling sales equipment, i.e. Credit Card, Nets machines, updating the system on payments, day-end calculations, updating receipt books.