An accounting and finance professional with 8+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis and accounting principles. Proven capacity to improve and maximize overall business and finance function integration through effective communication processes. Dedicated, resourceful and innovative team player who strives to achieve excellence. Supports colleagues and facilitates the development of intellectual growth by creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and open communication.
Jul 2010 - Present
- Setup a financial system in Peachtree from scratch and successfully had the financial statements audited by external auditors
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
- Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system.
- Assist with quarterly budgets – prepares all allocations.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Develop and implement various accounting procedures.
- Work with external auditors during financial audits.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Responsible for all administration and visa processing procedures with DMCC Freezone.
Sep 2008 - Jun 2010
Mettlesome Steel & Metals
- Managed, developed, and maintained all aspects of finance, accounting, foreign exchange dealings, marketing, and data processing of the company.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statement for all corporate transactions.
- Preparing the monthly accounting statements till finalization of accounts.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of invoices, delivery advice and packing list.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and evaluated finances pertaining to advances and shipping for client base.
- Established and maintained close relationships with bank executives and auditors ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Provided financial overview and leadership for all major operating considerations and activities, including development of business and profit plans.
- Negotiated contracts with freight agencies working directly with owner.
- Prepare monthly journal entries; oversee cash disbursements, expense recording and petty cash reconciliation.
- Prepared and analyzed monthly unit/revenue reports for sales.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and review of letters of credit, draft bill of lading, shipping instructions, vouchers and receipts for all corporate and individual transactions within the company.
- Prepared contracts, new business proposals, and sales agreements.
- Currently in charge of payroll accounting for all employees in the company.
- Fully responsible for all administration & visa related works of Jafza and Techno park.
- Fully responsible for all customs related activities with Dubai Ports & Customs Authority.
Mar 2005 - Sep 2008
- Maintained the corporate books of accounts of the company. In this role, I have streamlined the accounting process of the company allowing for streamlining the annual auditing process.
- Functioning as liaison for accounting activities with external auditors.
- Moved a three year old financial process system from Dac Easy to an automated Peachtree system including P&L reporting and analysis, A/R and A/P, and financial projections.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of letters of credit, invoices, vouchers and receipts for all corporate and individual transactions within the company.
- Was in charge of payroll accounting for all employees in the company.
- Prepared monthly bank reconciliation statement for all corporate transactions, and prepared monthly accounting statements till finalization.
- Was in charge of keeping track of all accounts receivables and payables for the company and reconciling the debtors and creditors statements.
- Extracted financial data from Access and imported information into Crystal Reports for Upper Management.
- Provided unit/revenue reports for sales on a monthly basis to the management.
- Analyzed and reported variances to the management to plan through monthly narrative.
- Monitored and analyzed the company’s cash flow on timely basis.
- In charge of maintaining the company fixed asset list and generating depreciation for the same.
- Maintained employee database and calculated leave salary and end of service benefits. And was in charge of maintaining employee time records and calculating overtime for the purpose of salary distribution.
- Liaised with banks for opening the company payroll as well as for obtaining letter of credit, bank guarantees and tender bonds.
- Maintained employee contracts, labor cards and visas and following up with the PRO for renewal of the same.
- Prepared tender documents and submitted the same to clients for major projects.
- Negotiated with suppliers in terms of price, delivery and quality of product.
- Maintained the tenancy contracts and renewed them at the due date.
Sep 2003 - Feb 2005
Enjayes Natural Flavours Ltd
- Generated export documentation for all export related sales in the company.
- Created additional sales opportunities by initiating innovative and creative marketing options for the products.
- Was responsible for evaluating public records for tracking competitor activities.
- Conducted in-depth market research to evaluate appropriate market penetration and effectively increase sales for the company.
- Provided reliable and timely customer support.
Jul 2002 - Aug 2003
Century Coats Fabrics
- Prepared the monthly balance sheet for the company and was responsible for the generation of the profit & loss statement for each financial quarter.
- Was in charge of credit management for the company.
- By being a part of a team, was involved in the day to day financial administration for the company.
- Prepared invoices, quotations, vouchers and receipts for all business transactions.
- Been coordinating the financial management with the business management.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Mahatma Gandhi University
2000 - 2002
Masters in Foreign Trade
· Software Packages – Lab Manager, Fox pro, Interact (ERP)
· Accounting Packages - DacEasy, Peachtree and Tally.
· Operating Systems - Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7.
· Proficient in MS Office - (MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel).