SANJEEV “SUNNY” MISHRA, MS, MBA, CEA
134 W. Hobbit Glen Drive · The Woodlands, Texas 77384
281-602-5444 Smart · 936-321-8572 Home Office ·[email protected]
Dear Sir/Dear Madam:
Driving operational performance through expert business development and sales, innovative design and timely delivery of Enterprise Integration and Architectural Solutions are some of the many ways I have served a key role in the success of previous employers and client companies. With over 18+ years of experience in directing the planning, development, implementation, and support of technical solutions, governance, risk and compliance, and infrastructures, along with proven business development and sales leadership, I am confident in my ability to generate superior results for your team.
My career history as a Management and IT Consultant mostly with the Big-5s has afforded me the opportunity to garner an impressive portfolio of successes for both domestic and international businesses, encompassing multiple verticals. I have gained a thorough understanding of how technology enables a business to be successful, and particularly, how technology translates into revenue generating solutions. Some of my key contributions include:
- Saving $325M for a major retail client with the invention and integration of “Slim-Store” Architecture.
- Improving operations of 3,500 insurance companies with the design and introduction of the 1st Insurance Claims e-Exchange.
- Designing and developing the 1st kiosk-based hotel check-in/check-out system.
- Contributing to the creation of guidelines for moving Deloitte/DRT towards the future as a provider of solutions rather than merely a provider of resource outsourcing.
- Contributing significantly to the implementation of an Enterprise Transformation effort for a large mutual fund company. Leading cross-functional teams of technology, process, change management, and client personnel in strategies to improve organizational, business process, and technology capabilities enterprise wide.
- Successfully integrating various EAS offerings from some of the leading vendors like SAP AG, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft (.Net) and others using innovative architecture designs and technology solutions to improve efficiency, performance, capacity and ultimately the ROI of the client company.
It is evident from the above that I am equipped to provide expert planning and management of multimillion-dollar worth of technical resources and assets. As a member of your executive team, I will consistently sell and deliver completion of large-scale technical projects on time and within/under budget – projects that will significantly improve processes and save the company both time and money. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your time and kind consideration.
Sanjeev Mishra, MS, MBA, CEA
SANJEEV “SUNNY” MISHRA, MS, MBA, CEA
134 W. Hobbit Glen Drive · The Woodlands, Texas 77384
281-602-5444 Cell · 936-321-8572 Home Office ·[email protected]
EXECUTIVE LEVEL MANAGEMENT/CONSULTING:
Information Technology & Architecture, Business Development & Sales
Executive Consultant, MBA, MSCS, and IBM Certified Enterprise Architect with over 18+ years of Big-5 experience in selling, designing, developing, managing, and delivering business/technical solutions to drive growth and profitability in a challenging and competitive market; Communicate and collaborate with C-level executives to define and align architecture and technology strategies with business objectives; Assemble and direct teams of developers, architects, and program managers to support delivery of technologies, tools, and standards; Lead pre- and post-proposal phases including selling, client/vendor expectation management, project management, governance, and methodology.
Strategic Planning, Assessment, Alignment · Project/Program Management · Contract Negotiations
IT Sales & New Market Penetration · Enterprise/Project Governance Development · Best Practices, Risk and Regulatory Compliance · Methodologies, Interviewing, Recruiting, Training, Mentoring · On-Demand Off-Shoring & On-Shoring Management · Process Improvement · Operational Startups · Full Lifecycle Management · Systems Management · Application Integration · Product/Solution Design & Deployment · System Migrations/Transitions · Architecture Design & Development · Custom Web Applications/Portal Design · e-Commerce · Financials, Staffing, Placement · Team Leadership · Internal/External Partner Integration
Short Term Consulting / Contracts · 2006 (October) – Present
Multiple Companies: Senior level positions at - Diamond Management & Technology, TATA Consultancy Services, Capgemini and other consulting firms).
LONG TERM PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
IBM GLOBAL SERVICES, Houston, Texas · 2000-2006 (August)
IBM, the largest technology company, producing over $38B in revenue and employing over 330,000 personnel worldwide.
Collaborated with senior c-level executives at over 45 client organizations (engagements ranging in size from $1M to $300M) to plan, manage, design, architect, and support corporate IT initiatives and enterprise applications to meet business objectives. Managed, trained, and mentored teams of up to 130 senior developers, architects, and program managers supporting newly introduced technologies specializing in on-demand and e-business Enterprise Architectures. Assisted numerous clients with governance models, methodologies, and program management:
- Never lost a sales that I was involved in, ranging from $5M to $170M, meeting and exceeding my target of $11M every year
- Saved $325M for a major retail client with the invention and integration of “Slim-Store” Architecture
- Improved operations of 3,500 insurance companies with the design and introduction of the 1st Insurance Claims e-Exchange
- Obtained IBM Senior Certification as Enterprise Architect, was promoted to Principal/Executive Architect within 6 months of joining IBM, and received multiple client recognitions for engagement contributions
DELOITTE CONSULTING/DRT SYSTEMS, Houston, Texas · 1998-2000 (December)
Deloitte, one of “the Big 5”, delivers services in four professional areas – audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services – and serves more than 1⁄2 of the world’s largest companies, as well as large national enterprises, public institutions, local clients, and successful, fast-growing global growth companies. Comprised of over 135,000 employees in 150 countries and generating $9B in revenues.
Managing Consultant/Associate Partner
Prepared and delivered compelling proposals to acquire client engagements. Staffed, trained, and mentored personnel for engagement delivery, and provided various levels of quality assurance. Coordinated and supervised multiple engagements, with between 5 and 20 people per project, on an ongoing basis:
- Contributed to the creation of guidelines for moving Deloitte/DRT towards the future as a provider of solutions rather than merely a provider of resource outsourcing
- Created the first prototype of automated Status Reporting System to be used by DRT personnel.
- Created architectural designs for DRT System’s e-Solution Center including infrastructure architecture, standards, and guidelines
- Aided in the establishment of a global presence for a major retail client with design of web hosting architecture
- Conducted workshops and performed gap analysis of enterprise architecture with focus on Financial Information Network
- Led the southwest region in e-Business solutions delivery
ANDERSEN CONSULTING/ACCENTURE, Chicago, Illinois · 1991-1998 (May)
Then the largest of “the Big 8” consulting firms, this business and IT consulting services provider employed over 77,000 consultants worldwide and generated over $8B in revenues.
Supervised and led teams of up to 15 Senior Technical Programmers and Architects in providing quality technology solutions on time, within budget, and that exceed customer expectations.
- Designed and developed the 1st kiosk-based hotel check-in/check-out system
- Contributed significantly to the implementation of an Enterprise Transformation effort for a large mutual fund company. Led cross-functional teams of technology, process, change management, and client personnel in strategies to improve organizational, business process, and technology capabilities enterprise wide. Tasks included project management, status reporting, supervision, training/mentoring, technical design/build, and vendor relationships
- Improved customer service for a major West Coast telecommunications provider by designing, coding, implementing, and testing components of an integrated workstation platform providing operator and directory assistance functions
- Designed, coded, and tested exercises used exclusively to train new hires at Andersen Consulting
- Enhanced efficiency of client’s sales force by designing and developing an application to automate various business functions using Laptop systems, eliminating the use of manual paper processing
FREELANCE CONSULTANT, Peoria, Illinois · 1989-1991 (January)
- Designed the 1st “Electronic Sales System” in 1991 (Borland C++). Details available on request
SANJEEV “SUNNY” MISHRA, MS, MBA, CEA · Client List ·[email protected]
CLIENTS BY SECTOR
Distribution: T. J. Maxx., Yellow Freight, National Safety Associates, Campbell’s, Staples, Auction Management Solutions, Circuit City, The Home Depot, Belk Inc., General Motors, and Delta Faucet Company
Financial/Insurance: Lincoln Financial Group, ACE Insurance, H&R Block, Liberty Mutual, Bank of America, Harbor Fund, CLAIMPlace, Lincoln Life, Investors Bank & Trust, Discover Card Financial Services, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, State Street Corporation, Mercury General Insurance, and Banco Popular
Health Care: CLAIMPlace, Lab Corporation, and CareFirst Healthcare Insurance
Communications: Pacific Bell, Hyatt Corporation, TXU Energy, Nielson Media & Research, and Verizon
Industrial: AvantCom.Net, Omnexus, Dell Corporation, and Mercedes Benz
Public: State of Mississippi, State of Georgia, and State of Missouri-DOT
Internal Development: Accenture: Designed and developed Reusable Architecture Component effort.
Deloitte Consulting/DRT Systems: Developed Enterprise Reference Architecture Framework.
IBM Global Services: Consulted and designed (as part of a team) Virtual Workplace, Legacy Transformation, E-Business Reference Architecture Framework, and invented Slim-Store Architecture.
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
Master of Business Administration Degree
Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business
4.0 GPA, Top 2% of Class
Utkal University, Puri, Orissa, India
Languages: Fluent in English, Hindi, Oriya, and Bengali.
Citizenship: US Citizen – 09/07/2001
Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
IEEE Standards Associations
IEEE Computer Society
(Extensive List of Technical Skills and Professional Development Courses in Appendix below)
SANJEEV “SUNNY” MISHRA, MS, MBA, CEA · Appendix ·[email protected]
Engagement Manager Training
- Utility Computing Architecture
- New Hire Training & Strategy Simulation
- Service Oriented Architecture using Web Services
- Business Process Modeling & Optimization Modeling
- Service Oriented Modeling Architecture (SOMA)
- Global Services Methodology Training
- e-business Reference Architecture Framework
- e-business Framework
- Vision for Networking Methodology
- e-business Architecture and Solutions Methodology
- Framework for Computing Solutions Methodology
- Principles of Technical Architecture School
- Network Computing Architecture
- Project Management School
- Effective Presentation School
- Implementing Business Solution School
- Effective Consultant School
- Group Problem Solving
- Systems Analysis and Design School
- Application Development School
- Computer Application Programming School
Various other informal Business, Sales and Technical trainings
- Various Sector based EAS integrations with – SAP AG, ORACLE, IBM, Microsoft .NET
- Grid and Utility Computing using various Service Oriented Architecture Techniques
- IBM & Other Software/Hardware Product Suites
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Architecture
- Kiosk based Architectures for Retail, Travel & Transportation and other sectors
- Build Distributed Applications with CORBA/IIOP
- Content Management & Portal Architecture
- Basic Java Programming in J2EE Environment (Sun)
- Advanced Java Programming in J2EE Environment (Sun)
- Object Oriented Technology using Java and C++
- Deloitte Consulting e-business Framework
- Workstation Technology C/C++ Programming Techniques
- Integrate n-tier Client/Server Architecture
- Various Development (SDLC), Management (ITIL) and Deployment Frameworks
- Client/Server Applications using TCP and UDP and other Internet Protocols
- COM/DCOM/MOM Based Client/Server 3-tier Application Architectures
- Document Management Architectures - Imaging, Workflow, Document Management and others
- Design & Develop 3/4 GL Graphical User Interface based Applications
- UNIX, Linux, Windows and various other platforms and environments
- Multiple proprietary, government and open standard Enterprise Architecture Frameworks