OYORooms.com (Gurgaon, India)
Business Development Manager April 15 - Aug 15 A SoftBank funded company, OYO Rooms.com is India's largest hotel chain. Built on a technology enabled model, OYO aggregates existing hotel supply and standardizes the experience for its consumers. I am part of the Gurgaon team as a business development manager.
- Part of core team of 4 that grew supply base from 50 hotels to 150 hotels in 30 days.
- Manage business operations for a portfolio of 30 hotels.
- Worked with finance, sales and operations team to manage owner relations, sales & customer experience.
- Innovated a payment process to speed up vendor payment time by 50%.
Venus Hosiery Pvt. Ltd. (Delhi, India)
Business Development Manager Dec 13 - Feb 15
A family owned manufacturing company specializing in socks. The company has 50 employees with revenues of USD 1 million/year. Joined the team to build the business & look for growth opportunities.
- Collaborated with top management to create a 3-point business development plan: exports, domestic market & high growth niches like compression, performance wear.
- Executed a sock brand buy-out, to create Venus’s domestic market presence. Evaluated the opportunity by conducting market due-diligence & worked with management to execute the deal. This led to an instant increase of yearly business by 40%, team of 10 members, presence in 5 states & network of 4000 retailers.
- Led activation of direst sales to exporters. Process: made list of prospects, cold called to reach decision maker, followed with sales meeting & samples. Secured orders from 2 major exporters to increase business by 10% of previous year.