W.E.Tilley (M) Ltd- Nairobi, Kenya
- Manage accounting and financial operations with oversight for financial reporting, account records and accounting controls.
- Oversee execution of accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation and independent audits.
- Ensure financial statements comply with internal policy and external regulations (GAAP) while adhering to contractual obligations.
- Analyze financial statements, conduct cost/benefit analysis and identify areas of weakness.
- Report directly to the General Manager and Board of Directors to present financial analysis results and develop strategic financial plans.
- Develop and monitor financial department policies and procedures.
- Direct all corporate departmental purchasing functions including strategic planning, project deployment and auditing.
- Manage senior level projects related to finance, budgeting, account management.
- Identified business processes, assessed business risks, identified and evaluated key internal controls, assessed impact of key controls on overall financial reporting, developed internal controls matrices to determine control weaknesses, recommended appropriate remediation for implementation and supervised controls remediation exercises.
- Advising on and performing appraisals of financial records, financial and management reports, management controls, policies and practices affecting financial condition and operating results, such as streamlining financial reporting, enhancing accountability, and reducing risk exposure.
- Responsible for developing and implementing financial strategies, and financial and accounting functions including strategic plans, budgets, financial analysis and reporting, financial management and controls, and developing tools and systems to increase profitability, operational efficiency.
- Developing program in Excel for preparation of Financial Projections and Cash Flow Projections used extensively in the Group.
Complete financial projections /viability study for new business ventures under different assumptions and multiple scenarios rts.
Participated in Corporate Restructuring process through merger / de-merger changes in shareholding matters etc.
Played key role in setting up/improvising the Corporate Financial reporting system.
- Instrumental in carrying out different kinds of management audits thereby giving value addition in terms of improvements in existing systems, documents, procedures and cost savings etc.