Platform Specialist / Hadoop Administrator
Product : Nokia Networks award-winning CEM on Demand (CEMoD), provides an innovative user-friendly online portal that makes it easier than ever to manage the telecom operator's network insight and predict the subscriber's behaviour.This also helps to improve customer retention and boost revenues through increased data usage.
Projects: Safaricom Kenya ,Telecom Italia ,Orange Spain ,Orange Poland , AMX
Environment : Linux ,Hadoop, HDFS,hive,shark,spark,Storm, Zookeeper and HBase ,HP DL380 servers
Project Description: The scope of the project includes installation and commissioning of CEMoD on 100+ nodes ,data loading of the operators network ,analysing the data for integrity ,system verification and finally performing the system acceptance along with customer .
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Cluster maintenance including addition and removal of nodes.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- HDFS File system management and monitoring.
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Database connectivity , security ,backup and recovery.
- Automate manual tasks.
- Load large data volumes in a timely manner.