Presently engaged as Principle Software Engineer for a Product Engineering group.
1) Problem analysis and solving .
2) Innovative Process management
3) Participating in product engineering disucussions
1. Defining the business needs, and creating a roadmap for the customer.
2. Advising and aiding customers, by evaluating products and tools, which optimally satisfies the current needs.
3. Developing prototypes and proof of concepts, after requirement analysis.
4. Collaborating with the customers, by discussions, brainstorming sessions to understand the present and future needs. Preparing proposal requests and requirement documents based on the discussions.
5. Providing solutions and also proposing solutions to the client.
6. Preparing understanding documents, informing customers of pros and cons, proposing design and functional layouts, and suggesting solutions to customers.
7. Preparing work / task breakdown schedule and time estimates ( in hours ) for the task /s involved .
8. Providing transparency, by using collaboration tools so the client also feels comfortable about the work. I use web meetings, video conferencing and remote desktop, instant messengers, and VOIP software as the primary backbone to collaboration.
9. Updating the clients by providing interim demos and status reports.
10. Providing interim demos to the client to testify that all the major functionalities have been taken care.
11. Providing remote testing facilities, so the client can test the product by accessing my PC. This is normally done during demos or as per client request.
12. Client feedback during these demos are noted down, and incorporated for the next delivery.
13. Providing support of the product, for any new enhancements, or bugs.
- Software Architect- Technical Architect
I am mentioning briefly the products/ projects have worked on .
Product Engineering :-
- PowerBuilder - C++ / Windows SDK
- ChemStow - C++/ MAPI / MFC
- Authoria HR - C++/ STL / MFC
- Centric Studio - C++/ STL / MFC
- WorkSoft Certify - C#
- MUSE Tools - C#
- LSI IR - C++
- Elektrobit - C++/ CLI,C++ / C#
- Protein Synthesis - C++ /MFC
Besides the above mentioned, I have worked on several projects, proof of concepts, evaluating technologies and interacting with clients and field engineers.