A versatile personality with skills in management, system administration and web application develoment.
Have been writing with pen name Suhreed Sarkar. Following books in Bangla have been published:• Web Publishing• Expert Networking• Windows 2000 Professional: MCSE Study Guide• XML• Red Hat Linux 7.2 Administration Guide• Linux Networking• Red Hat/Fedora Linux Administration Guide• Web Development Using Apache-MySQL-PHP• SQL: Structured Query Language• Khao Shei Bang! (Translation of Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy)• Bangla Translation of The Impact Science on Society by Bertrand Russell• Bangla Translation of Unpopular Essays by Bertrand Russell• Bangla Translation of The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley
Following book is published from Packt Publishing, UK:
Jun 2006 - Present
Working for EFA Capacity Building Project (2006-2008). Job responsibilities include:
- Leading the National NFE-MIS Team in all phases of NFE-MIS implementation, including drafting an action plan; planning and conducting a diagnostic study and compiling a diagnostic study report; developing NFE indicators; adapting data collection tools; planning and undertaking data collection; processing, entering and analyzing data, producing NFE-MIS outputs; writing and disseminating a comprehensive NFE-MIS report;
- Facilitating national and sub-national training workshops to build capacity for setting-up a NFE-MIS in the country;
- Identifying key national and sub-national stakeholders to be invited to the NFE-MIS consultative meeting; organizing and implementing the consultative meeting and identifying core NFE-MIS teams;
- Liaise with all national and sub-national project partners, as well as with UNESCO units (UNESCO Dhaka and ED/BAS/LIT) in order to keep the latter continuously informed of progress achieved;
- Organizing and implementing the testing of the NFE-MIS software in the normal environment of use, including the new reporting module;
- Monitoring the implementation of all project components and signaling regularly all difficulties encountered to UNESCO Dhaka; undertaking 6 monthly evaluations of project components and preparing periodic progress reports for submission to UNESCO Dhaka;
- Producing, based on the pilot experience, a proposal for up-scaling the NFE-MIS;
Providing technical inputs in implementation of EFA Capacity Building Programme (2006-2008), especially for
- Literacy Assessment and Monitoring Programme,
- Developing Capacity of GO/NGO Managers for using ICTs in Literacy/Skills Training programmes
- Documenting and sharing experiences of Bangladesh and other countries in the Asia-Pacific region in using ICTs in Literacy/Skills training programmes
- Developing Bangla ICT software for literacy/skills training
Jan 2003 - Aug 2005
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Worked for the ILO/IPEC project titled “Preventing and Eliminating the Worst Forms of Child Labour from Selected Formal and Informal Sectors in Bangladesh (BGD/00/P50/USA)" to meet the data needs of the project reporting and maintaining the child labour tracking system.
- Assisted the Lead Consultant in designing and conducting the Impact Assessment survey for the project.
- Assisted the national consultants in preparing questionnaire for the impact assessment survey.
- Assisted the International Consultant in planning and conducting midterm and final evaluation of the project.
- Provided inputs to consultant in identifying and documenting the good practices and lessons learned.
- Managed design, layout and printing of publications (Baseline Survey, National Child Labour Survey Synthesis, etc.), and communication materials (calendar, posters, etc.).
- Coordinated research activities for production of video documentary.
- Assisted the Chief Technical Adviser in identifying and selecting the potential consultants for different project components, and maintained service contracts with the consultants.
- Assisted the project team in knowledge management in the form of capturing knowledge from the formal and informal meetings, workshops, seminars, and training sessions; by codifying and storing those in the form of meeting minutes and workshop reports; and by sharing that knowledge through the intranet-based knowledge management system.
- Backstopped partner NGOs in conducting Action Programs on the Worst Forms of Child Labour in Tangail and Kushtia districts.
- Participated in all workshops/seminars arranged by the project and prepared the reports for sharing the knowledge derived from the events.
- Provided technical assistance and guidance to the implementing partner organizations in maintaining databases of the child labour and tracking system in the respective sector.
- Provided orientation, training and all other support related to setup, maintenance and upgradation of the required hardware and software for maintaining the child labour tracking system.
- Conducted field monitoring visits and regularly monitored the operation of the Action Programmes, in particular, for the workplace and community monitoring component of the project.
- Assisted the Chief Technical Adviser in the preparation of regular progress reports by providing progress data and update on child labour situation in the country.
- Maintained distributed child labour database subsystems through which partner organizations updated their data and synchronized it with main database located at central project office.
- Maintained database integrity and appropriate security settings to track the modifications to the database and its subsystems.
- Assisted users and officials at central project office and computer operators of partner organizations to use, update, and maintain the child labour tracking system.
- Analyzed the child labour database and tracking system and monitored trend in that data.
- Generated required reports and reported to the Program Officer and Sector Coordinators.
- Maintained the IT infrastructure for the project.
Mar 2002 - Dec 2002
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Worked as System Analyst to develop the Child Labour Tracking System Database for the project titled "Preventing and Eliminating the Worst Forms of Child Labour from Selected Formal and Informal Sectors in Bangladesh (BGD/00/P50/USA)"
- Evaluated IT infrastructure in the Project Offices of Partner Organizations located in Dhaka, Chittagong, Tangail, Rangpur and Kushtia districts.
- Recommended necessary upgradation of hardware and software to support the child labor tracking database system.
- Designed a central database system which contained data obtained from baseline surveys and used for tracking and monitoring information about the target children and their families.
- Consolidated, normalized and standardized database files obtained from baseline surveys.
- Implemented Remote Access Service (RAS) for connecting with Partner Organizations’ offices.
- Established online database update and transmission system, and developed conflict resolution mechanism so that partner organizations could update their data from their own offices.
- Developed required queries, screens, reports and procedures to retrieve data according to project’s reporting requirements.
- Conducted four-day training workshop for the computer operators and Action Program Coordinators of the implementing partners and for the central project staffs on monitoring of child labour and maintaining the tracking system database.
- Built capacity among the user through consecutive trainings so that they could operate and troubleshoot the database system.
Jul 2001 - Dec 2002
Conducted courses on:
- Windows 2000 Server,
- Windows 2000 Professional,
- Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure,
- Windows 2000 Active Directory,
- Windows 2000 Security,
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000,
- Windows NT Workstation & Server
- NT Server in the Enterprise,
- Networking Essentials,
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4 Administration and
- Internetworking with TCP/IP.
Provided Network Administration and technical Support for the Computer Center Labs. Deployed Windows 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft SQL Server for the intranet.
Apr 2001 - Jul 2001
Intrnational Labour Organization (ILO)
- Provided inputs to the Household Level Baseline Survey in Leather Tannery, match and Bidi industries sector under "Preventing and Eliminating the Worst Forms of Child Labour from Selected Formal and Informal Sectors in Bangladesh (BGD/00/P50/USA)"
- Designed database for Household-level Baseline Survey in Bidi Industries in Kushtia, Tangail and Rangpur District and Industry-level Baseline Survey in Leather and Match Industries in Dhaka District
- Refined the questionnaires and coded the responses
- Checked and analyzed data as per requirements of the project.
- Presented paper on the proposed Child Labour Monitoring and Tracking System for ILO/IPEC USDOL Worst Forms of Child Labor Project at the ILO/IPEC National Workshop on Child Labor Situation in Some Selected Sectors and Development of Action Program Proposals, held on 8-9 June, 2001 at BCDM, Rajendrapur.
Dec 1999 - Jan 2001
World Wide Web Institute
Taught the folloiwng courses:
- Certified Web Master,
- Certified Web Administrator,
- Certified Web Developer and
- Certified E-Com Master
- HTML 4,
- Cascading Style Sheet,
- Dynamic HTML,
- Networking Essentials,
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0,
- Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0,
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5,
- Visual InterDev 6,
- Active Server Pages,
- Macromedia Flash 4,
- Microsoft Transaction Server,
- Microsoft Site Server Commerce Edition and
- E-Commerce Technologies.
Implemented Institute’s Intranet on Windows NT 4.0 Server and Internet Information Server 4.0, which provides one stop access to business and training information. Provided network administration support for the Institute, which comprises of 50 Workstations and 3 Servers.
Developed computer based exam for the Institute.
Jul 2000 - Oct 2000
Coronet Information Technology
Developed curriculum and courseware for one year course Diploma in Web Design. Subject matter includes:
- Introduction of Internet and Web technologies,
- Web Design,
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000,
- Cascading Style Sheet,
- Dynamic HTML,
- Developing Web Application using Visual InterDev 6,
- Microsoft Transaction Server Programming,
- Developing E-Commerce site with ASP,
- Internet Security and
- Administering Internet Information Server.
Implemented Windows 2000 Network for the Lab and developed online tests for the above courses.
Mar 2000 - Apr 2000
AiPath Bangladesh Ltd
- Redesigned company network for optimal performance using Windows NT Server and Workstation 4.0
- Resolved connectivity problems due to improper TCP/IP implementation and broadcast storm.
- Implemented DHCP, WINS and integrated with DNS
- Installed and configured Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 for company wide messaging system.
- Implemented Outlook Web Access and Public Folders.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0 for hosting company intranet.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0
- Documented the network and trained the users.
Oct 2004 - Jun 2007
Completed MBA under it's Evening MBA Programme from Department of Management Studies. Major in Management. CGPA 3.7 out of 4.0. Completed the following courses: Principles of Management, Business Communication, Introduction to Business, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Accounting, Marketing Management, Management Information System, Business Statistics, Business Research, Bank Management, Microeconomics, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Principles of Finance, Strategic Management
Jan 1991 - Dec 1992
Studied Marine Engineering and obtained first class in B.Sc. offered from University of Chittagong. Completed Pre-Sea traiing and auxiliary courses on Fire Fighting, Basic Sea Survival, Basic First Aid.