Agile Transformation Coach and Lead
CioxHealth, LLC | Alpharetta, GA
Lead the Agile transformation for the enterprise:
- Leading executives in defining, designing and implementing an Agile strategy
- Responsible for initiation, adoption, ongoing management and evangelism of the organization's agile practices for 14 product teams, programs and portfolios.
- Ownership of the key element in enterprise-wide adoption of world-class, modern and flexible Agile capabilities.
- Actively to building and sustaining coaching competencies across the enterprise
- Act as a leader and change agent who is able to ensure Agile concepts and principles are understood and adhered to
- Work with all appropriate teams to implement Agile practices and support rapid and successful adoption of Agile
- Lead execution of agile transformation initiatives across IT and business operations teams to maximize economies of scale and scope in investment and optimize the effectiveness of new business architecture with 5 scrum master direct reports
- 2. Calibrate the Agile Practice:
- Expertly coaching in Agile practices (i.e., Lean, Scrum, Kanban, LeSS).
- Understanding the business and technical implications of transforming to an Agile environment.
- Building capabilities to support new client services and competency areas.
- 3+ years of experience leading enterprise-wide Agile transformations.
- The ability to communicate, plan and effect change at leadership, portfolio, program and team levels.
- Proven executive level communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of the business implications of an Agile transformation.
- Leads the transformational adoption of modern Agile methods and tools as part of solution and product development, delivery, and on-going support across teams.
- This individual should be comfortable working at all levels (team, stakeholder, and executive) to help the organization use Agile as a strategic asset of culture, operational change and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Contribute towards Agile Community of Practice across the company
- Define training plans for new hires and teams (role based, boot camp, etc.)
- Educate all levels of the org on Agile & Lean practices and help to identify where best to use each (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Create training materials relative to specific agile training needs and conduct the training
- Collaborate with other coaches (internal and consultant) to promote a common level of baseline practices and identify necessary
- Observe Agile teams to identify coaching needs for continuous improvement of individuals and/or practices embraced by team
- Identify and recommend organizational changes required to establish high-performance Agile teams in portfolios
- Customize Agile practices to include distributed teams
- Deliver customized training courses for teams to meet the needs of the portfolio(s)
Foster the Agile Culture
- Work with tools teams to ensure rapid maturity development supporting the transition of day-to-day and project work to Agile
- Promote principles of Servant Leadership across all levels
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure business and strategic goals are aligned with technology initiatives
- Coach/facilitate team members to live the Agile way
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization C-Level through junior team members
- Ability to work at a variety of levels of leadership and staff in multiple, diverse geographies and business units Multi-cultural global experience
Foster the software engineering craftsmanship
- A passion for and extensive expertise in the use of Agile methodologies and tools, including large-scale adoption
- Proven and demonstrable experience (10+ years) in working with agile to architect, design and implement enterprise-wide solutions while always meeting commitments and ensuring high quality outcomes
- A passion for, and demonstrated experience with, current software architecture and engineering methods
- Experience growing agile competencies in dynamic engineering teams under significant delivery demands and pressure
- Agnostic to technologies, processes and conceptual models but tenacious with creating value from the appropriate application of technology
- Health insurance experience and basic claims administration and business process understanding preferred, as well as experience working with highly confidential information (PHI, PII)
- Wake up every day obsessed with getting to higher levels of maturity and delivery of business value via improved execution capability and alignment
- Drive deployment velocity through multiple phases of growth by developing and implementing software engineering best practices to create a robust, predictable technology organization operating in an agile environment.
- Partner with senior leadership and line management to cultivate a culture that fosters ongoing excellence in software engineering