Senior/ Valve Specialist Engineer
Aker Solutions ASA, Oslo, Norway
- Worked in supplier product design reviews, acceptance testing and API qualification of ball valves, gate valves, rotary gate valves.
- Technical responsible for review and approval of 3rd party valves technical documentation (GA drawings,Test procedures/reports,Operation manuals,MC)
- Worked on system interface checks with regards to pipes, flow and ROV’s.
- Test engineer on qualification/FAT/EFAT testing and solve technical issues during assembly and inspection.
- Inspections on qualification testing, FAT, assembly, disassembly and inspection from Aker solutions w.r.t client specifications and API industry standards
- Worked from product concept w.r.t client requirements till dispatch. Which includes technical bid preparation, involvement of supplier selection and finalization from technical/design eyes, interface engineering with internal clients.
- Create valve project specifications to cover prerequisites and to-do's for different phases of work flow included in supplier actions,Aker actions and End user actions. Hence complete observation each workflow and problem troubleshooting has been learnt.
- Support buyers during the whole cycle of project execution for supplier communication troubleshooting technical issues in every part and documentation reviews.
- Back supply chain to fulfill project commitments like on time delivery, cost control and quality.
- Created standard product technical documentation such as product data sheets, technical gap analysis for testing.
- Understand and provide suggestions within welding, materials, NDE, change management, quality engineering and surveillance and completion from product design perspective.
- Abide Aker procedures: HSE and Quality, ethics, global/local work instructions.
- Good understanding of API,ISO and ASME industry standards and end user specifications.
- Create and follow-up engineering change orders(ECN/ECO).
- Worked as product material engineer on material specifications for special corrosion resistant alloys Cr,Ni and Mo materials.
- Understanding on surface protective coating for lubrication,CP and subsea protection applications.
- Worked with RAMS and system engineering team for FMECA, HAZOP, SAFOP analyses.
- Created qualification testing gap analysis in comparison with client requirements, supplier product portfolio, NCR's and communication with internal customers. Reported considerable cost savings for the project for streamlining of valve qualifications.