Fashion, Photography, Interior Design, Sketching, and Music.
To obtain a position as a brand representative.
I've been in the fashion retail industry for nearly 2 decades. I began as a sales associate and eventually became fascinated with the Visual Merchandising part of the business. Unlike a great number of Visual Stylists, I understand that I am responsible for much more than making things look pretty, or just dressing dummies. There is a an art to telling a story through visual merchandising. It's not necessarily about what I would wear but about creating excitement throughout a department or a store for the customer that creates an excitement about shopping. It's all in the details.
Sep 2008 - Jun 2010
Visual Lead Specialist
- Reported to Merchandise Manager and General Manager.
- Responsible for entire stores visual presentation.
- Take down and installation for 7 window displays.
- Received and organized visual props and promotional marketing.
- Trained sales team on current promotions and styling techniques to increase their individual sales goals.
- Monitored new receipts to ensure proper placement.
- Traveled to other stores to prepare for grand openings and corporate visits.
Oct 2006 - Jan 2008
Neiman Marcus Group Inc.
- Freelanced for holiday and special events from 2003. Became Visual Stylist in 2006.
- Started as the Stylist for Ladies Shoes, Accessories, and Children's (3) months was promoted to Contemporary and Windows.
- Maintained companies visual vision and merchandising standards, while creating original trend forward displays.
- Directly worked with Visual, Merchandise, Department Managers and Vendor Representatives with floor moves, trunk shows, fashion shows and other special events.
- Responsible for all window installations. Selected clothing, styled wigs, striked forms etc.
Jan 2003 - Oct 2006
- Hired as a Visual Stylist in 2003 in Paramus, N.J. Promoted in 2004 to Visual Manager in Jersey City, N.J.
- Responsible for the work ethics of (6) Visual Stylist. Balanced visual budget.
- Reported directly to the District Visual Manager and Store Manager.
- Implemented visual standards by following corporate Plan-O-Grams.
- Traveled to other stores to assist in major floor moves.
Clothes are models own. Styling, photography and editing done by me.
Minor details are major.