Divisional Managing Director
Hampson Precision Automotive UK Ltd
Divisional Managing Director, UK and India
Headhunted to improve Group profitability and customer satisfaction
- Turned £400k/month loss to equivalent profitability within 6 months, through Lean/Six Sigma-based operational improvements and aggressive commercial negotiations.
- Using Six Sigma methodology, reduced customer rejects by 75%, scrap rates by 80% and improved on-time delivery performance from 40% to 80% within 6 months.
- Successfully re-motivated a very dispirited team, through the introduction of regular communication events, ‘management by objectives’ and appraisal, setting KPIs, holding rigorous reviews and re-establishing a regime of structured management meetings.
- Established a Group strategy to clearly define operations and manufacturing footprints and routes to market.
- Secured £4.5m of investment in new equipment.
- Secured long term supply agreements with all major customers to ensure the future viability of the Company.
- Introduced Lean and 6 Sigma methodologies to drive continuous process improvements.
- Championed the implementation of a full SAP MRP system in 5 months.
- Led commercial negotiations with key customers to secure long-term agreements worth in excess of £22m.