Corporate Director, Executive Development & Succession (1997-2000)
Personally designed and managed Succession & Development-related initiatives for the CEO’s Senior Team and Board of Directors, including the Staffing/Selection process for the top 1500 positions.This newly-created position enabled a sharper focus on senior leaders, high-potential talent and change initiatives corporate-wide.
Drove the Succession & Executive Staffing Processes Across 12 Divisions and Subsidiaries - Provided structure, coordination, data management and oversight for over 40 Succession reviews annually.
Designed and Led Senior Leadership Development Initiatives - In partnership with the CEO, created and led both individualized and group development efforts for improving diversity and retention of talent.
Re-Energized and Led the MBA Hire Program as a High-Potential Feeder Pool for Succession –
Re-designed a faltering program to hire and develop experienced MBA graduates by establishing a more stringent, leadership-based recruiting and selection process with a 2-year pass/fail model of multiple rotations in key business units plus assessment and development requirements.
Director of Leadership (1994-1997)
Led a staff of 15 with Domestic and International responsibility for Executive Staffing & Orientation, External Search, Performance Management Systems, 360 Feedback, College Hire Programs, Leadership Training & Development, Assessment, Coaching, Succession, Communications, OD and supporting Data Systems.
- Led the Introduction of Succession Process Below Director Level and in Overseas Operations.
- Introduced Assessment, Potential Ratings and Metrics to Enhance Succession & Staffing Processes for the top 1500 positions.
- Created Leadership Development Initiatives Specifically for Persons of Color.
Director of Organization Development (1988–1994)
Defined and executed this newly created role to establish processes key to building corporate talent.
- Designed and Facilitated the First Comprehensive Succession Framework for the Corporation.
- Selected and Implemented On-Site Data System to manage Succession Process and Data Components.
- Engineered and Delivered the First Climate Survey for 70,000 Employees.
- Established the First Corporate-Wide Performance Management System for 20,000 Managers