I am currently seeking a senior role in talent development that capitalizes on deep expertise and a broad range of capabilities across virtually all aspects of the learning function..
Extensive experience in the Fortune 100 environment shaped a career that now includes smaller-sized companies and external consulting. As both a strategist and hands-on practitioner, I am dedicated to building effective strategies and practices to identify, develop, utilize and retain the best possible talent at all levels.
I succeed through a sharp focus on business results, collaborative relationship-building, a systems approach to functional integration and a good dose of levity. Specialties:
All aspects of talent management, including assimilation & transition, succession planning, executive development, assessment center methodology, 360 processes, elearning, action learning, coaching, performance management, training, college hire & diversity programs, organization development and functional team leadership.
Apr 2006 - Apr 2009
Director Executive Development
- Led the Learning & Development team in the globalization of 30 management programs worldwide.
- Managed a $3M outsourcing contract for training administration.
- Designed a dual-track retention process with multi-generational education for employees & managers.
- Drove approval of Talent Management database for succession, performance management & HR metrics.
- Established formal processes for external coaching, 360 feedback tools & mentoring.
- Implemented new 90-day assimilation process for new hires to speed integration & time to productivity.
- Partnered in the design of the annual Senior Executive Meeting, including targeted learning initiatives.
- Developed residential executive programs on leadership & business acumen using business simulations.
- NetApp received Chief Learning Officer Silver Vanguard Award in Oct. 2008 for these efforts.
- Project leader for redesign of global performance management process, including online technology.
2005 - 2006
Sr. Manager L&D / Change Mgmt.
AMD / Spansion
- In this newly created role, built the management training curriculum & selected vendors for global implementation.
- Reduced headcount by outsourcing training administration for technical & management programs.
- Created new webmaster / e-learning position to begin migrating selected trainings to online offerings.
- Selected new vendor & re-designed the Tuition Aid program, reducing overhead & improving utilization.
- Led the Change Management efforts for a 6-month HRIS implementation, including design & implementation of all related training & communication.
- Recruited away by Network Appliance in 2006.
2001 - 2005
Co-Founder & Partner
HR Drivers Consulting
Consulting and program management for a variety of learning and OD initiatives at Bay Area companies.
Oct 1988 - Jul 2000
Corp. Director Executive Development & Succession
U S WEST (now Qwest)
Corporate Director, Executive Development & Succession (1997-2000)
Personally designed and managed Succession & Development-related initiatives for the CEO’s Senior Team and Board of Directors, including the Staffing/Selection process for the top 1500 positions.This newly-created position enabled a sharper focus on senior leaders, high-potential talent and change initiatives corporate-wide.
- Drove the Succession & Executive Staffing Processes Across 12 Divisions and Subsidiaries - Provided structure, coordination, data management and oversight for over 40 Succession reviews annually.
- Designed and Led Senior Leadership Development Initiatives - In partnership with the CEO, created and led both individualized and group development efforts for improving diversity and retention of talent.
- Re-Energized and Led the MBA Hire Program as a High-Potential Feeder Pool for Succession –
Re-designed a faltering program to hire and develop experienced MBA graduates by establishing a more stringent, leadership-based recruiting and selection process with a 2-year pass/fail model of multiple rotations in key business units plus assessment and development requirements.
Director of Leadership (1994-1997)
Led a staff of 15 with Domestic and International responsibility for Executive Staffing & Orientation, External Search, Performance Management Systems, 360 Feedback, College Hire Programs, Leadership Training & Development, Assessment, Coaching, Succession, Communications, OD and supporting Data Systems.
- Led the Introduction of Succession Process Below Director Level and in Overseas Operations.
- Introduced Assessment, Potential Ratings and Metrics to Enhance Succession & Staffing Processes for the top 1500 positions.
- Created Leadership Development Initiatives Specifically for Persons of Color.
Director of Organization Development (1988–1994)
Defined and executed this newly created role to establish processes key to building corporate talent.
- Designed and Facilitated the First Comprehensive Succession Framework for the Corporation.
- Selected and Implemented On-Site Data System to manage Succession Process and Data Components.
- Engineered and Delivered the First Climate Survey for 70,000 Employees.
- Established the First Corporate-Wide Performance Management System for 20,000 Managers