Redeveloped a Contracts Management System in Access '97 to run on a Novell Netware LAN.
- Added multi-user capabilities to existing single-user system
- Modified forms, reports, and code to implement software enhancements
- Assisted in installation, configuration, deployment, and support of a Lotus Domino Server and an existing Notes database system
Participated in the design, development, deployment, and support of a geographically distributed Inventory Management/Stock Control System developed in Visual Basic, MS Access, and C. Assisted with management of 3 Novell networks, an IBM RS9000 mainframe, 25 portable data terminals (PDT), and 3 stand-alone sites with asynchronous communications to Primary Novell Network Server.
- Established configuration management baseline for client machines and continued to test new versions of Arabic Windows and Arabic Office
- Co-Designed, developed, deployed, and trained users on Arabic Access2 (initial version)
- Created and deployed versions and managed release notes and bug tracking
- Performed data modeling as necessary to be able to implement new product features confidently
- Resolved radio frequency (RF) and local area network (LAN) configuration issues
- Assisted in resolution of radio frequency (RF) antennae issues and assisted in site surveys as necessary
- Supervised the code for the handheld units and the language conversion implementation for the RF units
- Assisted with Mainframe LAN integration to existing RS9000 and performed initial data load
Developed a Radio Frequency (RF) communications server in Visual Basic using an Intermecs serial port radio frequency (RF) controller to implement tracking and processing of parts moving through a metal plating facility. Assisted with management of a local area network (LAN), portable data terminals (PDT), and PCs.
- Developed, tested, and debugged radio frequency (RF) controller in Visual Basic 3.0
- Resolved radio frequency, LAN, and hardware issues during deployment or staging of new clients
- Trained groups of users on software usage and hardware features and shortcuts
- Established baseline parameters for clients and servers on a Novell Netware LAN and an (RF) network
- Established Wide Area Network fail procedures and testing interfaces to ensure the maximum data availability
- Performed ongoing support of software and hardware