- Society of Psychologists in Management (SPIM)
- Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP)
Self-directed, enthusiastic, problem-solving Leadership & Talent Development Consultant. Adept at developing and implementing training, leadership, and development solutions for building and sustaining a high performing organization. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Certified, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, and Prosci® Change Management Certified.
STRENGTHS and UNIQUE TALENTS
- Strategy, Foresight, & Execution: Exceptionally skilled at developing strategies, using foresight, implementing ideas, and creating structures to meet goals.
- Analysis, Synthesis, & Insight: Able to analyze factors and issues to meet complex challenges; skilled at synthesizing and organizing ideas, and offering new perspectives, insights, and visions.
Corporate Training & Organizational Development Consultant
MedSynergies, an Optum company, provides revenue cycle management, practice management, business process analysis, and software integration solutions for hospitals, physician practices, and health networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate employee and leadership development programs that support organizational objectives and are aligned with the organization’s business plan.
- Provide performance consulting and organizational development services in consultation with executive leaders and senior managers to implement improvement initiatives and assure alignment with the organization’s strategic plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on how to achieve desired results efficiently & effectively, addressing root causes of performance gaps rather than symptoms or side effects.
- Evaluate for quality, impact, scalability & sustainability to understand successes and improvement opportunities while establishing methods for both consistency & quality.
- Bring creative leadership development solutions to address complex organizational development needs by leveraging best practices, evidence-based management, and innovative problem-solving.
Owner and Writer
WorkplacePsychology.Net is a website about the psychology of workers and the workplace. It examines three areas: Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology, Organizational Behavior, and Change Management (a specialization within I/O psychology).
- Industrial and Organizational (I/O) Psychology: field of psychology that studies people, work behavior (performance of tasks), and work settings to understand how behavior can be influenced, changed, & enhanced to benefit employees & organizations.
- Organizational Behavior: field of study devoted to understanding, explaining, and improving the attitudes and behaviors of individuals and groups in organizations.
- Change Management: the capability and set of interventions for leading and managing the people side of change to achieve a desired outcome. It's about people adopting new mindsets, policies, practices, and behaviors to deliver organizational results.
WorkplacePsychology.Net features scholarly and engaging contents about leadership development, change management, organizational change and development, talent management, learning & development, and industrial and organizational psychology.
- Website Traffic: 2,000,000+ visits
- "I like the scholarly angle of your site." -I/O Psychologist
- "I love the focus and the posts." -Organizational Psychologist
- "This is a great website!" -Career Counseling/Coaching Professional
- "Love that there's another blog out there that marries research with practice!" -Talent Management Professional
- "The contribution you'll make to I-O/OHP through your work and this site will truly add something new to the field and the ongoing dialogue." -Professional Development Consultant
University of Phoenix
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association, one of six regional accrediting bodies in the U.S.
Role: Through the subject of health and wellness, I instill in students the belief that no matter how old a person is or how many health problems s/he faces, everyone can make positive changes for a healthier future. I empower students to learn about health risks, develop plans for change, and make healthy lifestyle changes in their daily life. Most of all, I encourage my students to always believe that they can change their own behaviors as well as become an agent for a healthy change in their own families and communities.
- Engage and lead students using didactic and facilitative techniques to help them sharpen their academic skills while learning practical, relevant lessons about health and wellness.
- Facilitate the learning process by analyzing, organizing, and translating the information to be learned into a format that matches the student’s current level of understanding. This allows students to build upon knowledge that they have already learned.
- Equip and empower students to use critical thinking skills, teaching them to learn to “fish for themselves” without having to rely on others to “fish for them.”
Senior Diversity Specialist
University of North Texas
UNT is one of Texas' largest universities with 36,000+ students. It has a total endowment of $143.4 million (FY 2014).
Role: Helped design, deliver, and evaluate diversity initiatives for the university. Collaborated with senior-level executives to coordinate and develop orientation and training programs and ensure alignment with university strategic goals.
- Ensured successful delivery of diversity education and training programs throughout campus including development and implementation of policies and procedures in the areas of training, faculty and student rights and responsibilities, and new student and faculty orientations.
- Fostered a teamwork environment conducive to positive dialogue across all departments. Personal efforts were cited as a driving force behind new students’ interests and retention in multicultural activities.
- Created and delivered Ally Training program to support faculty and staff in creating a safe zone for highly diverse, minority group members. Wrote and designed the ALLY Training manual covering issues including safety, discrimination, expert insights, and rights information.
Nestlé Waters North America
Nestlé is the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company. It is ranked by Forbes as one of the world's most valuable brands.
Role: Contract consultant helping project engineering managers track and guide materials management and service process to build bottling facilities throughout North America.
- Consulted with senior project managers ensuring 100% accuracy & timeliness of value streams.
- Evaluated and reconciled numerous international, $20+ million construction projects.
- Effectively negotiated with subcontractors achieving 10% cost and time reductions.
- Managed allocation of budgets using SAP R/3 GLOBE for WBS (work breakdown structure) elements to ensure appropriate project funding.
Disability Services Advisor
Collin College is a public, higher learning institution. It serves about 53,000 credit and continuing education students each year.
Role: Served students with disabilities. Established academic and mental health support system, enabling students with learning, emotional, and mental disabilities the opportunity to learn and thrive.
- Developed and delivered quality disability services to student population at Collin College. Implemented programs and policies in the areas of advising to students and training to faculty, to improve college learning experience for students and college teaching experience for faculty.
- Promoted teamwork-based environment to drive better interaction with & services to students. Personally cited by students as the dynamic force behind improved advisor-student relations.
- Counseled students in getting the appropriate level of mental health care. Proctored and administered tests for students on all campuses needing special testing arrangements.
- Delivered presentation on alternative education for students with disability, helping them and their families to understand their rights and options.
Crisis Intervention and Behavior Specialist Consultant
CNMI Public School System
School system in North Pacific Ocean comprised of 20 schools and 12,000 students across three islands.
Role: Helped school district in servicing learning and emotional needs of students. Worked with administrators, teachers & staff to create policies & procedures. Developed and headed orientation & crisis management training programs and effectively handled crisis issues in school & workplace.
Under organizational development framework (i.e., top-down plan to strengthen employee knowledge and skills & improve overall health of the organization), designed and implemented pro-active approach to crisis management in school system that included:
- Focus on prevention and strategies for defusing anxious, hostile, or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage.
- Developing crisis management plan & communication: (i) Prevention: three levels of prevention for inappropriate behavior, ranging from school-wide positive behavioral expectations to specialized individual systems for specific groups or individuals, (ii) Collaboration: collaborative team approach to prevention through the involvement of key stakeholders including the individual, family, staff, and administration, (iii) Person-Centered Plans: Relationship-based approaches foster person-centered, respectful interactions between staff and the individual.
- Training individuals & teams in physical crisis intervention, to be used as a last resort (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training delivered to over 800 individuals).
- Empowering educators and community about crisis management: (i) 3-hour presentation to the local community, and (ii) School Crisis & Acute Traumatic Stress Management Handbook.
Ph.D., Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Dissertation: Gender and Conflict-Handling Style as Predictors of Indirect Workplace Aggression
- Graduated with Distinction
Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology
Texas Woman's University
- Kate Adele Hill Scholarship
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
Activities and Societies:
- Caritas of Waco
- Habitat for Humanity
- Waco Animal Shelter
MBTI® Certified Practitioner
Trained in the use and interpretation of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment.
Prosci® Certified Change Management Practitioner
Change agent who lead an organization through change by focusing on people side of change.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Lean Six Sigma combines two powerful process improvement methods: Lean and Six Sigma. Lean reduces waste by streamlining a process, while Six Sigma reduces defects by solving problems.
Certificate of Appreciation from CNMI Mental Health Planning Council (June 2007)
Given for “Public Service, Volunteer Work and Advocacy in Improving the Lives of Individuals with Mental Health Disability, and most especially for Children with Special Needs.”
Crisis Prevention Institute Executive Director’s Letter of Appreciation (June 2007)
Letter from Director of the Crisis Prevention Institute for delivering Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training to hundreds of individuals in the school system.