VP, National Sales and Service
Responsibilities included sales and service leadership for a 12,000 agent electronic bill payment business focused on large government regulated utilities and retail chains that incorporated client/server based payment solutions in the U.S.Annual Revenue responsibilities of the Business Unit were $75M and including the leadership responsibilities of 70 direct sales and service employees.
- We accomplished a sales turnaround and enjoyed our first quarter over quarter growth in three year
- Implemented a new National Retail Account Capture program that motivated direct salesto identify and close seven new accounts that included Wal-Mart, Farm Fresh, Supervalu, HEB and Radio Shack
- Created a successful strategic plan for the Division and executed the plan across the sales and service organization
- Created what the team felt was the best compensation plan the organization had ever seen
- Focused and grew our most profitable transaction results by 23% over previous year
- Recruited new Regional and Executive Sales and Service leadership to form the strongest ever leadership team in the history of the organization
- Revised an inherited contract that had created a loss of $250K and re-engineered to create a profit of over $380K
- Created and executed several Competitive Win Back programs that has set the stage for some explosive growth
- Maintained and improved relationships with many of the leading utility industry leaders including Duke Energy, PG&E, Sempra, AT&T, Bell South
- Initiated, closed and rolled out the industry’s first kiosk solution with NCR and implemented a trial with Radio Shack that could see the deployment of over 4,000 kiosks
- Streamlined then grew the agent network from 11,000 to 12,000 agents in 180 days
- Implemented a program that could swell the number of agents to 40,000+ leaving Fiserv with the largest agent network in the industry.
- Managed a capital expenditure of $3M in new point of sale computing, scanning and printing implementations
- Developed concepts and sales plan around distributed self service point of sale technology adoption to help Fiserv penetrate the banking industry in the U.S.
- Rated as the best leader ever by the sales and service team in a blind employee survey
- CheckFree was acquired for $4.4B in December, 2007 by Fiserv Inc