Seeking full-time or consulting work at an agency, consultancy, or company in need of expertise in social media strategy (financial/operational planning), social media marketing (plan implementation) and/or digital media content creation (publishing, sharing, syndication).
- TV News Reporter at local stations in Hartford, CT; Orlando, FL; Knoxville, TN and Salisbury, MD.Developed sophisticated, professional communication skills including interviewing, writing and oral presentation.(12-years)
- Account Executive at Source Digital Systems, a digital video technology company.Member of sales team honored as nation’s leading reseller of Avid systems.Formally trained by Sun MicroSystems in conceptual selling tactics & techniques. (2-years)
- Business Development Manager at Context Media, Providence, RI based software company.During startup-stage of operations, successfully penetrated Discovery Networks, ABCNews Nightline, PBS-TV and pitched executives on joint development of CMS for multimedia objects. (1-year)
Stephen L. Jarriel is an online media & digital marketing consultant with a specialty in content publishing especially website copy, blogs and online video. Since 2008, Jarriel has advised clients on how to integrate online video marketing into traditional marketing campaigns.
In addition to hands-on skills with creation and publishing of online video, blog entries, marketing copy, and other digital media, Jarriel has developed and implemented social media networks that incorporate YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn and other sites. Jarriel’s work in social media is a natural extension of his career as a local TV news reporter/anchor as well as his experience in internet TV production, management and distribution.
Nov 2010 - Present
Serving as online marketing and social media consultant for technology firm providing outsourced IT, monitoring, data backup and recovery, help desk services to small and medium sized businesses in metro Washington, DC.
- Conducted competitive analysis regarding competitors' strategies, websites, SEO keywords, products and services as well as usage of social media in their marketing initiatives
- Created comprehensive social media strategy for the company covering YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and blogging, etc. Established company presence on above social media sites
- In Progress: Supervising development of new WordPress based website optimized for SEO and social media
- Produced, edited more than a dozen online videos, then published on company YouTube channel
- Wrote and published 30+ blog entries related to IT services (all SEO optimized)
- In Progress: Writing marketing copy for new website
Jan 2008 - Present
Providing business development and marketing support to magazine publisher and owner of world's leading nature photography competition. Winning images displayed in special exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC.
- Developed and marketed prestigious "multi-touch" branding program offering sponsors exposure at highly trafficked exhibit at Smithsonian, NBP Magazine, websites and blog, Program also integrated a social media network comprised of blog, NBP branded sites, partner websites, Flickr feed, Twitter, FlickR, SEO news releases, YouTube videos, etc.
- Wrote and published SEO news releases, video content and blog entries. At time of releases, content syndicated and shared by 2,500+ bloggers.
- More than $600,000 in sponsorship from companies including Sony Corporation of America, GEICO Insurance, and Canon USA.
- 18,000+ daily website visits (14X increase from time of initial engagement).
- Number of entries increased 200% during 2009. In time since, avg of 30% annual growth.
- Growth in all key web metrics including visits, time on site, pages viewed, Twitter followers (New initiative in 2010, currently 700+ followers)
Aug 2008 - Jul 2010
Provided application development and marketing support to early-stage technology company developing a database driven CMS for creating, publishing and managing online video libraries.
- Served as liaison between clients and software development team in refining application functionality, features and utility. Based upon customer feedback, recommended changes in dashboard design and linking capabilities to external CDNs
- Reworked and updated company value proposition & description of service offerings
- Updated marketing presentation on company website including new slogan, navigation tabs, landing page copy
- Collaborate with company founder in creation of social media optimized website & blog
- Published multiple blog entries, include many with embedded video
2002 - Jul 2008
On-site production manager, interviewer & on-camera host who has participated in than 100 webcasts and online video broadcasts.Clients include: Gazelles, Inc, Solar Electric Power Association, IBM, Cisco Systems, Apple Computer, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), and the United Way.
- Interfaced with clients and interview subjects to identify financial & communication objectives of the broadcast
- Developed production plan for target audience including appropriate usage of interactive elements such LIVE and videotaped interviews, telephone call-ins, interactive chat, synchronized PowerPoint slides and downloadable documents
- Oversaw technical production including creation of event page, testing of video stream quality, updating of web page content & encoding/archiving of video content.
- Interacted with client post-event to ensure broadcast is exploited for largest possible viewership.