- Led the change management focus of an assessment on whether to implement SAP for a major public utility.
- Developed the ten year strategic plan for part of a newly privatized / deregulated Electricity Supply Organization.
- Developed the approach to Change Management for an SAP implementation at a leading Florida based Utility.
- Led the Transition and Change Strategy to assist in the implementation of a major Outsourcing arrangement with a large Texas based Utility.
- Led the Organization Transformation effort for one of the largest retail organizations in North America.
- Planned and led the global change management, learning solutions and site support approach and operation for one of the leading and most diverse energy corporations in the USA. For HR, this included Manager Desk top and Employee Self Service.
- Operated as the engagement leader for a leading software corporation’s assessment of the need to implement an ERP across their business.
- For a major banking institution, planned and led the Change Management element in the re-engineering of all the service center operations.
- Planned, led and managed a Change Management team as part of the re-engineering and transformation of a large consumer mortgage corporation.
- Advised a leading leather goods manufacturing and retail company on the Change Management implications of an SAP implementation.
- Reviewed the Business strategy and Change Management implications of major systems investments for a multinational consumer products group.
- Developed and implemented the Change Management and Communications strategy and plan as part of the integration of clinical and functional operations within a large healthcare network..
- Developed the Change Management and high performance team build program for a large electronics group.
- Developed the leadership alignment strategy and advised on other strategic issues for one of the world’s leading consumer products operations as part of their global SAP implementation.
- Led the change management effort in assessing the feasibility of implementing global financial shared services enabled by SAP for a major consumer products group.
- Designed and delivered numerous Executive Alignment workshops for Top Teams, both Main Board level and key functions, including HR, in a wide cross section of industries.
- Managed the design and delivery of training material for judges and probation workers as part of the British Government’s enactment of the Criminal Justice Act.
Business Transformation & Organizational Change
Leading subject-matter expert and C Suite Advisor offering a wealth of experience across diverse industry verticals:
Energy | Utilities | Chemicals | Financial Services | High-tech Manufacturing Healthcare | Consumer Products | Retail
Sterling record of achieving measurable, replicable and sustainable business outcomes, human performance improvement and goal-directed change as a senior member of top domestic and British management consulting firms. Pivotal to dramatic, multi-dimensional business change via strategy alignment, reengineering and ERP implementations.
… Creating a client-valued, world-class approach to business transformation and organizational change …
CMIPD – Chartered MemberCHARTERED INSTITUTE OF PERSONNEL & DEVELOPMENT, London
MInstDINSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS, London
SAP20EXECUTIVE OVERVIEW CERTIFICATE
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, STRATEGIC INITIATIVES / BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION OPTIMIZATION
Asked by Board to join this leading provider of human and operational performance improvement solutions to facilitate development of a diversification strategy and lead implementation of recommendations made during a former client engagement.
Drove focus on Business Transformation Optimization for clients, particularly in terms of outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions.
Dec 2008 - Present
We bring very experienced senior people to assess the current situation, and working with your team, build a plan for value realization and strategic goal alignment.CandidAdvisors is a completely independent and solution agnostic consulting firm that advises and coaches senior business decision makers in the area of business transformation and change, particularly as it relates to back office and support functions, such as HR, Finance, IT, Customer Care and Procurement. Whether you are just starting the journey of support services transformation or you are well down the path, CandidAdvisors provides a completely independent, solution agnostic approach. CandidAdvisors has expertise to help you from leveraging all sourcing strategies, from shared services to outsourcing including a hybrid solution using the best of all sourcing options. We aid companies at all stages of the process from the initial decision through to ensuring the right structures are in place to manage all the support services relationships in the ever-evolving business world. We have discovered there are three basic inflection points when companies have the opportunity to ensure they have the right operating structures in place for optimizing your support services strategy. The first, Deciding, is at the outset of your journey; the second, Departing, is when you are in transition of one of your services to a provider (internal or external) and the third, Determining, is two to three years into a new operating model, when fine-tuning of the goals, objectives and structure may be needed.
CandidAdvisors will bring a performance and organization focus that will help you achieve your goals, address your needs and put in place a long term operating structure. To further complicate the situation, many companies have multiple sourcing relationships operating at the same time, in various stages of maturity.
In these situations we believe it is imperative that the company perform a comprehensive analysis of their support services infrastructure and the interaction between components, the retained organization and customers. This will enable you to optimize the integrated performance, synchronize goals and objectives and reduce costs.
1996 - 2007
VICE PRESIDENT / PRINCIPAL
VICE PRESIDENT / PRINCIPAL (October 1999 to January 2007)
Led Organization Transformation Practice for North America. Promoted to Vice President based on Limited Brands win and rigorous vetting and due diligence conducted by 14 key officers at committee, regional, national and global level.
• Significantly contributed to market growth and corporate top ranking as #1 contributor in the organization transformation space with each service line adopting the methodology originally conceived for SAP service line.• Co-led Multi Million industry defining engagement for a leading US Retailer and its extremely large organization transformation involving the operating model, process model and total replacement of technology. Instrumental to the sale initially and led team of 12 corporate resources and ~30 client personnel.• Planned and led global change management, learning solutions and site support approach and operation for a global energy company and, subsequently, the organization transformation and business readiness piece of its global SAP HR engagement (19-month project involving 200k users across 60 countries). Team scored an unprecedented 5 of 5 on the On Time, Above Client Expectations (OTACE) scale.• Developed approach to Change Management for an SAP implementation at a major South East utility. • Led Transition and Change Strategy to assist in implementing major multi-billion $ outsourcing arrangement.
ERNST & YOUNG LLP (Acquired by Capgemini in 2000) – Atlanta, GA
SENIOR MANAGER (September 1996 to October 1999)Key member of North American ERP leadership team.
• Standardized enterprise resource planning methodology with approach subsequently adopted practice- and corporate-wide.• Led change management focus of assessment on whether to implement SAP for a major utility.• Operated as engagement leader for a top software company’s assessment of the need to implement ERP business wide.• Reviewed the business strategy and change management implications of major systems investments for a global brewing and hospitality company.• Developed the leadership alignment strategy and advised on other strategic issues for one of the world’s leading consumer products organizations, as part of its global SAP implementation.• Led the change management effort in assessing feasibility of implementing global financial shared services enabled by SAP for one of the top consumer product manufacturers
1993 - 1996
DELOITTE & TOUCHE LLP
Chartered to create foreware to deliver global organizational transformation people and change methodology and lead US-based team for content.• Served as thought leader of international Change Management Development team. Achieved all primary objectives:– Developed robust global Change Management methodology to support reengineering approach and methodology.– Developed set of guiding principles and catalogued best practices via discussions with premier academics.• Developed and managed linkage between national change management practice of major consulting business and its wholly owned SAP implementation consultancy.– Integrated firm’s change management methodology into SAP R/3 implementation methodology. Trained practitioners (from Partner level down), selling change management as part of the SAP approach to clients. Managed and staffed engagements.• Planned, led and managed Change Management team as part of reengineering and transformation of a major mortgage company.• Advised leading leather goods manufacturer / retailer, on Change Management implications of an SAP implementation.• Developed and implemented Change Management and Communications strategy and plan as part of clinical and functional operations integration within a large Mid-West healthcare network.• Developed Change Management and high performance team build program for a global electronics group.
EARLY CAREER SYNOPSIS, 1978-1993
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT –Founder and driving force behind successful eponymous firm; joined board of Baker Tilly and Development Associates. Became a senior manager of Deloitte & Touche by its acquisition of Development Associates.
JANDRELL & COMPANY – London, England PRESIDENTLaunched and managed 2 new practice areas for leading UK-based consulting firms:BAKER TILLY MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS – London, England EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR• Developed 10-year strategic plan for a segment of a newly privatized / deregulated utility (part of the UK’s Energy Act).
SPICERS CONSULTING GROUP – Manchester, England PRACTICE DIRECTORPlayed key role in formation of joint venture between Rolls-Royce and General Electric:
ROLLS-ROYCE PLC – London, England MANPOWER & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ADVISORMANPOWER DEVELOPMENT MANAGERCOMPANY GRADUATE RECRUITMENT OFFICERGRADUATE RECRUITMENT & TRAINING OFFICER