Promoted to IT Manager reporting to the Vice President of Operations just 1 year after being hired by Hazco as a Senior Systems Analyst. Reported to the IT Director, Total Safety, following the acquisition. Supervised a team of employees and consultants and performed multiple functions; e.g., business analysis, project management, system development and AS/400 administration. Asked to relocate to Houston, TX when the company relocated it's IT department. Declined the offer but directed the Data Center move to Houston and the purchase and installation of an additional AS/400 system. * Maintained 24 / 7 operation of the AS / 400 hardware system including the Lawson Financial package, Rentalman application and associated 3rd-party support software. Administered contracts, supervised personnel, directed projects and allocated budgets. Oversaw the Help Desk and provided IT direction for business operations. Selected Achievements
- Ensured minimal disruption of activities by carefully planning inventory taking, end-of-year processing and system upgrades.
- Created AS / 400 incremental and full system backups, handled onsite and offsite tape rotation, monitored hardware and peripherals and maintained OS version levels and PTFs.
- Worked with vendors and application issues for the ERP system and administered the security application; e.g., identified and implemented a product that protected data from invalid internal and external access.
- Managed FastFax, SafeNet, ROI, RJS and Vertex to enhance faxing, system safety, credit card processing, document archiving and sales tax collection.
- Negotiated contracts and resolved issues with vendors that included IBM, Wynne Systems, Byteware, FootPrints, Kisco Information Systems and Pathfinder.
- Replaced disk drives and fully restored the system of a damaged RAID unit; resulted in keeping downtime to a minimum.