Senior Vice President of Information Technology
Led initiatives required to architect, design, implement, and maintain PSI’s technology for both internal and outsourced operations.This included data centers, enterprise architecture, IT help desks, production functions, communication networks (voice and data), software development, and data center operations.Brought transformational leadership to the organization to create value in IT’s business solutions.Managed an IT staff of 170 staff across 10 offices, directing the evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of multiple technologies to help streamline PSI’s business processes. This entailed overseeing the provision of outstanding customer service to more than 2200 employees in offices spanning over 30 states. Responsible for managing PSI’s IT budget exceeding $35 million. Served as a key member of PSI’s Senior Leadership team responsible for company-wide strategic planning, organization, and coordination.
- My delivery of SOA technology was pinnacle to successfully closing a $45 million dollar investment in the Company.
- Increased corporate profits by identifying and implementing best practices for application lifecycle management.This initiative resulted in a high of 94% on-time and on budget delivery rates of projects – an increase from a starting point of 46%.
- Consolidated many decentralized technology sites into a consolidated data center, saving the company over $2 million during the first year.
- Managed and renegotiated vendor agreements saving the company over $1.8 million annually.
- Envisioned and directed the software development activities that were deployed across PSI’s various Health and Human Services Program Offices.Reuse, flexibility, and speed to market remained key concepts upon which the architecture was based. These concepts enable PSI to reuse common functional components while supporting state-specific needs.The technology was a significant part of an outsourcing service plan providing 1.2 million cases across 63 programs in 29 states with annual revenue of over $110 million.
- Within six months of joining PSI, crafted a major reorganization of the IT department.Key elements of new structure:
-A software development team focused on developing reusable assets using service oriented architectures and state of the art technology
-An enterprise architecture team focused on developing strategic vision for technology solutions that created a foundation for growth and realization of long term corporate objectives
-A Project Management Office charged with managing projects to deliver on time, on budget, and to beat expectations on functionality
-An Information Technology Operations organization using best practices such as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and aid in proactively managing large scale data centers, Wide Area Networks, and enterprise telecommunications in two large call centers
·Recruited by a former manager because of past performance to manage the IT organization and to create a strategy, define objectives, and to deliver technology across the enterprise.
·Partnered with the Senior Leadership in developing the IT organization’s strategy, vision, mission, and on going multi-year strategic plan.