12 plus years of corporate communications, social media communications and marketing, advertising, PR 2.0, search engine marketing, inbound marketing, lead generation, branding, media and analyst relations, C-level executive media training, and crisis communications for industry leaders that include Apple Computer, Bay Networks, Claris, Epson Electronics, Inquiry.com, Mainsoft, Clarity Software, Mitsubishi Electric, Philips Semiconductor, and TSMC.Additionally, Steve has both client-side and agency-side hands-on experience providing effective strategic communications for internet technology, consumer and business software, wireless, and BtoB hardware companies.
Jun 2005 - Present
Independent Corporate Communications Consultant
Right Now Communications
· Rejuvenated company’s damaged reputation with a campaign that rebuilt confidence and removed clients’ resistance resulting in 3 multimillion-dollar contracts that include Goldman Sachs and Mercury Interactive (Now HP Mercury). · Launched thought leadership and public relations campaign that resulted in the company’s multimillion-dollar acquisition by SemanticSpace Technologies. · Secured major funding for non-profit by generating national and local media coverage on Fox News, ABC11, KGO, and KCBS 740 among others.
May 2002 - Present
Develop content, themes, arrange speakers, and facilitate sponsorship for Silicon Valley Brand Forum events. The goal of the Silicon Valley Brand Forum is to give brand professionals a chance to share best practices, brand resources and network in the uniquely tech savy and brand-challenged Silicon Valley.
Sep 2009 - Present
Chief Digital Strategist
Jolt Social Media
I help my clients understand why they need to get involved social media, set clear goals, and how to engage with their customers to increase customer loyalty, shorten sales cycles, and help steer clear of reputation damaging social media nightmares. Jolt Social Media services includes:
* Setting-Up Social Media Listening Programs
* Implementing social media engagement programs
* Social Media Training
* C-Level Executive Branding
* Crisis Communications Planning.
* Companywide and Departmental Social Media Integration
* Internal Policy Development
Feb 2002 - Jun 2005
Vice President of Marketing
· Created CIO education program that increased sale’s close rate from 35% to 80% · Initiated internal support sales tools aimed at target verticals that increased sales by 260%. · Secured $400,000 first round angel funding by writing a market analysis and plan that showed investors a clear path to revenue. · Developed and implemented 3 part campaign that secured adoption and endorsement by 5 target market trade associations.
1999 - 2002
Positio Public Relations
· Rebranded a 45-person wireless company that resulted in the company’s $175 million acquisition. · Achieved national editorial coverage and successfully countered a negative campaign designed to disrupt a $1.5 billion company acquisition. · Transformed the agency’s 45% client approval rating to 100% with all clients within seven months. · Advised numerous CEOs and senior staffs on company and product branding, communications strategy and planning, media training, and crisis containment. · Managed 14 account managers working on 22 client accounts.
1996 - 1998
Sr. Account Supervisor
Oak Ridge Public Relations
Public relations planning and account manager
1995 - 1996
1995 - 1996
Public Relations Manager
1992 - 1995
Corporate Communications Manager
Branding, direct marketing and lead generation.