14 years in technology start-ups in a variety of positions. Deep background in Web technology, wireless applications/distribution and overall technically savvy. Specialize in helping create and/or rebuild organizations to establish a more professional and efficient environment. Current goal is to drive mobileStorm to become leader in multi-message communications and ensure that company is scalable for continued success.
Feb 2009 - Present
VP, Digital Strategy & Innovations/West Coast Director
MS&L is a public relations agency with global offices specializing in helping companies embrace a holistic approach to PR, from traditional to social media.Left company due to company layoffs.
- Identified and led all digital engagements for the LA and SF offices, including social media, blogger outreach, mobile and microsite development for clients such as Clarisonic, Classmates and Sunkist.
- Created Clarisonic’s social media strategy, including monitoring beauty/mommy blogger outreach, creating a Clarisonic public profile on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/clarisonic?ref=nf) and establishing a Twitter account.
- Acted as digital liaison for all West Coast accounts.
Aug 2003 - Feb 2009
SVP, Client Relations
mobileStorm provides a robust Web-based email and digital messaging platform.The online application enables clients to reach customers via email, text (mobile) messaging, voice messaging, fax broadcast and/or RSS from a single platform.
- Led operations of a Web-based digital marketing platform, with over 1500 clients in various verticals, from event marketing to entertainment/hospitality such as American Idol, NBA, Carl’s Jr., Qantas Airlines and Kaiser Permanente, which generate over 100 million messages per month.
- Responsible for helping grow the company from 2 employees to 40 and revenues from $10,000 per month to $300,000 per month while maintaining constant profitability.
- Produced over 100 pieces of marketing communications, white papers, product/site copy and press releases.
- Managed staff of 7 including account managers, professional services, retention and tech support reps as well as helping direct product marketing efforts.
- Provided select large accounts with digital marketing strategic guidance, including implementation of programs and measuring results.
Apr 2002 - May 2003
Moviso helped Fortune 500 companies wishing to sell and distribute mobile branded content to many youth-oriented brands.Company was sold to Infospace in 2003.
- Served as lead account manager for wireless entertainment content for a variety of youth-oriented brands including Yahoo! Music, Nokia, T-Mobile, Seventeen Magazine and Virgin Mobile.
- Led product strategy development for new wireless technologies such as MMS, WAP, BREW and J2ME.
- Extended and redefined 3rd party content distribution process to reach maximum number of wireless carriers for non-carrier clients like AOL, Yahoo! and Nokia.
Jan 2000 - Mar 2001
Senior product manager
Niku Corporation was a leading provider of Web-based enterprise applications to help Fortune 1000 companies manage their professional services groups and other key project management initiatives.Company was sold to Computer Associates in 2003.
- Managed key components of online application and created partnerships with complementary technology companies to enhance product suite
- Wrote and/or co-authored over 100 documents, including Marketing Requirements, Product Requirements, Architecture Overviews and functional specifications for the Niku 6.0 product suite.
- Ensured that all contractual obligations with various 3rd party components were met and acted as liaison to Legal to resolve such issues.