Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Information Security
Ports of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
Established a new cyber practice focused on risk reduction and security architecture to protect New Zealand's largest seaport that is preparing for automation of its Terminal Operations in 2019. Sea port automation is a New Zealand first and one of the first automated ports in Australasia. Automation and Operational Technology are a new and different threat to Auckland's supply chain.
- Established a security strategy commensurate with risk and operating model
- Developed the Operational Technology architecture and complimentary Security Architecture plan for Automation
- Aligned security spend to risk and funded multi-million dollar budget.
- Instituting a world-class Cyber Security Operations Centre for IT and OT security management
- Chair Ports of Auckland Security Forum driving strategic policy and initiatives in a highly complex governance structure under competing initiatives
- Translated Cyber Risk Management discussion from IT focus into business risk focus and elevated to board and executive.
- Established mature security review process for product release