Accomplished healthcare management professional with 9 years experience in project management and implementation. Outstanding track record in managing at risk projects and successfully getting them back on track. Strong cross-functional leadership skills with the ability to bring various domain experts to the table in order to successfully integrate healthcare software. Over 9 years experience in managing development teams and the product life cycle for Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and Electronic Data Integration (EDI) software products.Currently, I am pursing an MBA at the Erdman Center for Operations and Technology Management at the Wisconsin School of Business.My interests are in:– Strategy – Product Management – Project Management– Consulting – Program Management – New Business Development– Healthcare – Medical Device – Biotechnology
Sep 2010 - Present
Information Security & Infrastructure Project Assistant
- Managed contact with over 70 consortium member company IT Directors and Executives
- Co-ordinated peer group meetings on Information Security and Infrastructure topics.
- Assisted Practice Director in research.
Feb 2006 - Jul 2010
Integration Project Manager / Senior Software Developer
- Managed interface accounts for both large and small hospitals and clinics.
- Directed the software design and development process for transitioning Epic's Bridges text application to Epic's Hyperspace, a graphical user interface application.
- Integrated disparate clinical and financial data into Epic from ancillary clinical systems using Health Level Seven (HL7) standards.
- Analyzed customer integration needs and performed programming necessary for successful implementation of interfaces.
- Facilitated cross-group collaboration between Epic and customers to ensure high availability of data exchange.
- Co-led development of standard interfaces using the new HL7 version 3 specifications.
- Awarded Epic EDIer of the Month for July 2008
Jan 2004 - Jan 2006
Software Developer Team Lead
- Managed entire product development life cycle of Epic's integrated Laboratory Information Systems (LIS).
- Identified gaps in Epic's Clinical Laboratory software with the help of customer development partners and developed a product road map. Launched product successfully in 2006.
- Worked closely with development partners to design new laboratory billing software integrated with LIS.
- Co-led customers through technical and architectural discussions and demonstrated prototypes of the software.
- Involved in strategic planning and discussion with customers to determine the future direction of Epic's public health LIS.
- Established project plans for new software releases and coordinated on-time delivery of new releases.
- Coordinated software development, testing, documentation, and customer support activities of Epic's laboratory products.
- Supervised and directed the LIS software development activities.
- Awarded the Epic Metropolis Award for successful development & launch of new Clinical Laboratory Product in 2006.
Aug 2001 - Dec 2003
- Collaborated with programmers and project managers to successfully design, develop, and test mission critical LIS.
- Designed and programmed new software features in Caché and Visual Basic 6.0.