Credible Influence when Counselling the Boardroom on 3G
• Within Mobile operators in Slovenia, Turkey and Netherlands worked alongside Board members in providing an understanding of how 3G would fit within their 3-5 year business plans.
• For the Board of a USA operator produced a business case recommending that no bids be made for 3G licences via their investments in wireless operators across Western Europe.
• Brought clarity to the Boardroom and Shareholders of a Belgium fixed line operator considering a strategy that would lead to entry into the 3G arena.
• Equipped local CEO in Germany with a plausible strategy for re-positioning from a Mobile Re-seller into a 3G Service Provider. This was successfully pitched to his International Board.
Originated 3G Strategy and Implementation Programmes
• Wrote the first and (so far) only publication that detailed the strategy and implementation programme needed to make 3G a success during its first 18 months following launch (Published by Tarifica in 2002).
• Created and co-presented the world’s first 3G Strategy and Launch Training course (on behalf of Oxford University).
• Identified an original strategy and detailed a 6 month launch plan for a pioneering 2.5G B2B service start-up that would subsequently move onto a 3G platform.
• Approached 3G trade association with concept of 3G newsletter, subsequently retained to produce and publish same to their membership.
3G New Product Design and Launch Management
• Conceptualised, researched and specified the new wave of 3G Person-to-Person services – that will take 3G to the mass market stage.
• Wrote and published (Summer 2004) - “ 99 tips to help launch 3G successfully “.
• Created 2.5G and 3G product & services road maps within the consumer & business sectors for mobile operators at different stages of their life cycle.
• Devised the product proposition and directed commercial operations (50+ staff) for the launch £250M start up company in the telecoms and entertainment sector.
• Led the marketing launch of a global mobile operator’s cash cow services to the business and consumer markets in Belgium, rapidly acquiring 35,000 customers in the 6 weeks following launch.
Multi-discipline Team Leadership necessary for 3G
• As Director, spearheaded launch of a pioneering telephony start-up providing video, digital audio, voice and data services covering residential & business sectors.
• Drove this same business from nil to over 70,000 customers in 3 years = 30% penetration, through building and managing a cross-functional team of 50 highly focused individuals.
• Led cross-functional team in a global wireless handset manufacturer to develop a winning mobile internet strategy for their customers.
• Project managed a multi-national team investigating regulatory, commercial and technical issues in preparation for a move into the next generation of mobile and internet services.
Well Respected Communicator on critical 3G matters
• Regularly presents at International Conferences on the topical issues concerning 3G such as 3G Tariffing, 3G Revenue Generation and Future 3G products and services (IIR, IBC Telecom et al).
• Presenting my original 3G training course for 3rd time for Oxford University.
• Contributed my opinion on 3G through articles and interviews to popular media, e.g. Business Week International, Financial Times and Global Wireless.
• Commended by industry specialists as a lucid and persuasive speaker, able to motivate and focus others during times of uncertain change in the wireless industry.
• Founded in 2000 the award-winning 3G information web site/newsletter – http://www.the3Gportal.com, with 140k+ unique visitors per month, 1 million+ page views a month and 10K subscribers to my daily 3G newsletter, consistently sponsored by 3G luminaries such as Qualcomm and Ericsson.