Jan 2012 - Present
Queensland Health - Metro North Hospital and Health Service - Surgical Ward
- nursing care focused on improved patient outcomes.
- application of patient safety and medication safety principles.
- lead, coordinate and progress care of the patient within a multidisciplinary team
- Communicate effectively with key customers (patients and families, general practitioners, nurse managers, inpatient units, medical and other disciplines).
- Provide physical and technical care and support for patients
- Take part in the daily ward round with other nurses/midwives, doctors and allied health
- Make sure patients receive treatment prescribed by health professionals
- Provide emotional and psychological support and information to patients and their families
- Observe, monitor, assess, report and document patients’ conditions and responses to treatment
- Give medication in accordance with sound working knowledge of legislation and pharmacology
Oct 2007 - Jan 2012
Queensland Health - Metro North Hospital and HEalth Service - Orthopaedic Ward
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Assistance with nutritional needs
- Assistance with mobility, transfers, pressure injury prevention
- Assistance with elimination needs
- Assistance with close supervision/ diversionary care activities
- Maintenance of a safe consumer care environment
- Maintenance of clinical/non clinical stock levels
2003 - 2007
Data Entry/Administration Officer
Vero Insurance Limited