Primary PE Coordinator
The British School of Kuwait
- Leading a team of seven teachers, two teaching assistants and 2 CrossFit coaches to deliver high quality PE and extra curricular sessions to the students of BSK.
- Restructured the assignment of classes, to allow for further improvement in achievement.
- Redesigned the curriculum rotations to make better use of facilities and lesson time throughout the academic year.
- Directed the implementation of teacher observations and progress management within the team.
- Coordinated the Primary PE budget in conjunction with the Secondary PE Coordinator.
- Lead teacher for GCSE PE. Improved the pass rate of the current 2014/2015 GCSE PE cohort.
- Coordinated the logistical aspects of the U13 BSME Games, host in Kuwait by BSK. My role was to plan the layout of equipment and use of space at each of the venues we used; deliver this to the lead coach; communicate with travelling and local schools to ensure they had all the information they needed regarding each event; plan and lead the Girl's Netball and Girl's Football events and organise the closing ceremony presentation.
- Organised the Primary Sports Days which take place over a week long period. This involves liasions with SLT, transport, venues, teaching staff and parents.
- Established a 'This Girl Can' event which invites all female students and staff to participate in sporting events which emphasises the importance of involvement and opportunities within sport.
- Established a successful Ski Trip to Switzerland, in February 2015. A second trip will be running in February 2016.
- Head coach of the U13, U15 and Open Age Girl's Netball teams; Head coach for the KFSAC and ISACK Swimming Teams.