A passionate and knowledgeable program and project coordinator with broad experience in grant and research writing, design, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation. Researcher in the field of global and local social, ecological and economic sustainability; leader in personal and community development, localisation, place-based transformational learning, and meaningful livelihood.
MSc in Education for Sustainability (EfS) with a focus on adult and community education and transformational learning.
- My Master's thesis explored the connection between an individual's values framework and their preferred learning style, as well as how this influences their engagement, conversation, and capacity for transformational learning around sustainability issues and goals.
- Effective collaborative leadership skills including change management and conflict resolution
- Design and delivery of transformational learning experiences within ecological, community, personal sustainability themes
- Strong commitment to social, ecological, and Indigenous justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Extensive experience working with and facilitating multicultural and diverse groups, marginalized youth and people struggling with multiple barriers.
- Whole systems thinker with a strong capacity to work with emergent change dynamics
- Advanced writing and communications skills
- Well-developed capacity for performing needs assessments, analysis and evaluation including skilled use of community focus groups and forums, strategic planning and measurement tools such as establishing performance indicators, back-casting, use of Outcomes Frameworks, and SWOT analysis
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality project outcomes both independently and in a team setting
- Strong revenue and budget development, management, and reporting skills
- Experience managing mixed staff and volunteer based operations
- Experience using wide range of distributed, blended, and on-line learning tools , entry-level experience with technology-enabled learning design and development.
- Successfully lead the implementation of an agricultural training project funded by the provincial government targeted towards participants with multiple barriers. This blended program included technology-enabled learning elements, classroom instruction, as well as hands-on work experience through farm placements. The program was a resounding success and resulted in all participants significantly moving ahead in their learning and livelihood.
- Played a key leadership role in the transformation of a local waste management system, a process which included a high level of challenging community education, engagement, and conflict resolution.
- Co-visioned a community educational garden with a group of volunteers and successfully managed all aspects of project development including design, installation, communications and publications, delegation, fund-raising, project accounting, and reporting.
“I am eager to collaborate with like-minded change agents who have a passion for co-creating a more socially and economically just and ecologically sustainable world.”