PA to the Director of Marketing and Communication
Queensland University of Technology
Diary and workflow management
- Manage the Director’s electronic diary using Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
- Liaise with internal QUT staff members and representatives from external organisations to schedule meetings including booking of rooms and resources, catering and arranging parking for external clients.
- Organise workflow through follow-up and bring-up systems, prioritising work and ensuring relevant paperwork and/or information is retrieved and available for the Director prior to meetings. Ensure that the Director is appropriately briefed on all relevant issues and background information.
- Provide secretarial support for relevant meetings and committees (this may range from collation and distribution of papers to acting as minute secretary).
- Organise all travel arrangements for the Director and other professional staff within the Department, including itineraries, airfares, car hire, accommodation, taxis and travel allowances.
Reception, correspondence and records
- Screen all incoming telephone calls, email, mail and reception enquiries, redirecting to relevant staff members as appropriate.
- Receive visitors to the Department providing hospitality when necessary.
- Prepare documents and draft routine correspondence using MS Office Suite.
- Circulate material to staff within the Department.
- Maintain an efficient records management system (electronic and paper-based).
- Provide administrative support to professional staff of the Department.
- Process financial transactions in accordance with QUT financial policies and procedures, including purchases on Corporate Card, staff reimbursement claims and administration of Cab charge dockets.
- Assist in the administration of Human Resources matters within the area including, arranging interviews for advertised positions and updating the PPR register.
- Organise functions and events, including invitations, venue bookings, equipment hire, catering and visitor parking.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of systems and processes to ensure efficient operations of the office.
- Order and maintain office stationery and consumable supplies and ensure that office equipment is in good working order.
- Rotation through different roles within the Department’s Administration Team is expected to cover staff on leave or to provide support in specific areas during peak periods.
- Contribute to the achievement of a positive and effective team environment by participating in work area goal setting and service improvement planning.
- Undertake other duties as specified by the Senior Administration Officer.
Health and Safety
- Be accountable for complying with health and safety policies, procedures, hazard reporting and safe work practices.